This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Growing up, I always viewed the Grinch as a grouchy, green Scrooge; however, after watching this wonderful movie for the 3968226th time, I realized that, although he is a grouchy, green Scrooge, he is also very relatable during finals’ season, and here’s why:

You try to decide whether you should take care of yourself or study all night for your exam in the morning

You turn to food for every reason except for hunger, just to have any excuse not to study

And then your friends want to get together to study, but you know nothing will get done, so you try to negotiate the benefits of going out and neglecting your study notes some more

Then you have a breakdown because you’re so overwhelmed with information when you finally do study

So as a result, you can’t remember half of the lecture notes

And like an annoying Christmas song, there’s a smug little voice in your head telling you, “You should have studied”

But then that special person in your life brings you more food and a boost of confidence

And the next day, when you flip over the exam paper, you realize you know every damn question

Or you flip over the exam paper and realize you know nothing, so you have to decide which answer to bullsh*t first

Exams are finally done, and you’re ready to enjoy your holiday…

But then you realize you only have two weeks before you have to go back to school

And then you’re back at the stressful student life for another three months before you’re hating your life again

Chapter Advisor for Her Campus and Junior Editor/Writer for Her Campus at Western. You can typically find me in the world of English literature.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.