This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

There’s no doubt that what’s happening in the United States right now is not exactly a laughing matter. Being so close to our neighbours to the south, it would be ignorant to not be feeling the heat the new President is stirring up. In time of extreme stress, it’s important to keep a hopeful and sarcastic heart, and what better way to do that then watch/rewatch The Office?! Here’s a rundown of the last week as told by our favourites from Dunder Mifflin, Scranton.

On Obama’s last day in office we all felt a little like this:

And watching his final address multiple times made us emotionally unstable.

When Trump officially became the 45th President of the United States of America.

But then you realized that barely anyone attended the inauguration.

However, later on, you scrolled through Twitter only to see that the attendance numbers were being openly lied about.

So you shut down social media for the night because you couldn’t handle any more Donald for the day.

Day 2 wasn’t so bad because it was the Women’s March and, despite political affiliation and beliefs, social media was full of positivity and love.

But then Day 3 came and Donald’s face was everywhere again.

And you started reading about all the changes he’s already made.

And you looked at the pictures of his cabinet members.

You might have found yourself in the middle of an existential breakdown

But you eventually came back down to Earth, even though Mars really does sound like a better option right now.

Remember, there is still good out there, you just have to look for it. There are people, you included, that are fighting for what’s important. All hope is not lost. Stay strong everyone!

And if that isn’t enough to get you through…

Gabriella is in her third year at Western U studying kinesiology and creative writing.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.