61 Thoughts Every Girl Has While Shopping At Victoria’s Secret

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

1. I’ll just browse – I really don’t need anything 
  2. Oooh the new collection is here! 
  3. How many sequins are too many sequins? 
  4. You could definitely see this bra through most of my shirts 
  5. … well maybe not a turtleneck 
  6. But why would I wear such a pretty bra under a turtleneck?
  7. Wearing a turtleneck practically screams ‘I only own nude bras’ 
  8. Speaking of which – I could probably use a nude bra
  9. Wait, it costs how much? 
  10. For this much I could buy one of the pretty bras
  11. Nude bras are basically a necessity for anyone with boobs – the government should pay for them and just give them out for free 
  12. Its basically a human right 
  13. Some of this lingerie is really … intense 
  14. I feel like a lot of this could really scare some guys off 
  15. You have to be dating a guy for a while to pull this out 
  16. Theres no way that you can casually be wearing a bra with bells on it 
  17. Wouldn’t you jingle … or at least make some sort of noise?
  18. There’s no way that you can make that casual
  19. You know what? I’ll just grab a bunch of stuff and try it all on. There’s no way that all of it will fit me, so I won’t buy much. 
  20. I feel like the sales girl is judging me when she’s counting my items
  21. Its not like I actually have $800 to drop on lingerie 
  22. One day I want to make enough money that I won’t even think about buying all of this 
  23. Or find someone who will buy it all for me 
  24. I really want my room to look like the inside of this changeroom, so my life can embody everything Victoria’s Secret
  25. Except this lighting – wouldn’t they want to the lighting to make me look good so I buy things? Now I’m not buying this bra because I look fat in it
  26. Well thats not really the bra’s fault – maybe I should just buy it and try it on in more forgiving lighting 
  27. This bra has more cushion than most of my pillows 
  28. I feel like its just setting people up for disappointment when I take it off
  29. I don’t want my boobs to be disappointing 
  30. Unless I just never take this bra off – that way no one will know that my boobs don’t actually look like this 
  31. I mean, if I wear this bra all the time, it could be seen as an investment 
  32. After all – its way cheaper than a boob job 
  33. Ok, this bra makes me look REALLY good, if I don’t try on the others ones then I won’t need to make a decision on which one to buy 
  34. Giving all of these bras back to the clerk is a bigger walk of shame than the morning after 
  35. Mind you – with this new bra I’ll look really good the morning after 
  36. Should I buy the matching underwear?
  37. When your bra and underwear match, you look like you have your shit together 
  38. I mean, I don’t have my shit together, but I might as well look like I do 
  39. I can get one pair for $10 or five pairs for $26 – its such a waste to buy only one pair
  40. Actually, I’m practically making money buying five pairs 
  41. Why are all of the sayings on the underwear so lame? 
  42. Plus, I would much rather have him looking at my ass because he likes what he sees, not because he’s trying to read what my underwear says 
  43. Should I go into PINK?
  44. I feel like I’m way too old to be in PINK – maybe I can just pretend that I’m shopping for my sister who’s in middle school 
  45. Omg I would never have been allowed to wear most of this stuff when I was in middle school
  46. My mom wouldn’t even let my bras have padding  – never mind a hot pink, sparkly push up stripper bra 
  47. Kids these days… 
  48. Too. Many. Logos. 
  49. But this hoodie seems so soft, I work so hard, I really deserve a soft hoodie to come home to 
  50. This hoodie will basically fill the void I have not having a boyfriend to come home to 
  51. Plus its so much cheaper than having a boyfriend – imagine how much money I would spend on cute lingerie if I had a boyfriend 
  52. Not that I don’t have enough already – when I get a boyfriend he is going to be one lucky guy 
  53. Ok – I’ve been in here for way too long, I should probably just buy what I have 
  54. These perfumes are so cute! I could carry one around with me and smell like an angel all day 
  55. I wonder if Kendall Jenner wears this perfume …
  56. I mean, if she does, she got Harry Styles wearing it, so its definitely attracts boys. I should probably buy it just in case
  57. Shit, what was the name of the girl who helped me out today? Describe what she was wearing? 
  58. Ummm she was blonde, pretty and wearing all black… does that help?
  59. Wait I spent how much?!
  60. Credit card, definitely credit card
  61. Should I sign up for an Angel Card? It could probably help in the future… 

Amanda is a National Intern, Style and Beauty Blogger and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. She is doing a double major in criminology and sociology at Western University. She is a proud member of Alpha Gamma Delta - Zeta Chi chapter, and makes 99% of her decisions based off of WWEWD (what would Elle Woods Do?). Follow her on instagram @amanda_h_jones, and listen to her talk about makeup *a bit* more than usual at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-7cOzh_oI&t=237s
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.