25 Unexpected Things Guys Look For In Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Girls, you can deny it all you want, but every single one of us has tried to act or change in a certain way in order to get a guy’s attention. You swore you would never wear your glasses in public until you heard the boy you have a crush on likes ‘smarter looking girls’. You’ve even pulled a Cady Heron and told the cute guy in your math class you were confused on what you learned when you had a concrete understanding on the lesson. Don’t be ashamed, we’ve all done it. For some reason us girls think we need to act a certain way in order to get guys attention, when in reality guys love all the quirky things we do.

I asked 25 anonymous guys to name something quirky or silly –but wouldn’t be a deal breaker– that they would enjoy if a girl did or didn’t do.

And heres what I got:

1. Has a good sense of smell and appreciates smells.

2. Has a passport.

3. Preferably shoe size less than 7.

4. Plays the bagpipes, but is shy about it.

5. Drives a Hyundai.

6. When replacing the toilet paper roll has to put the end over not under.

7. Can’t be a passive driver (ex please do not go under the speed limit).

8. Puts the toilet seat up after she uses the washroom.

9. Does not use Comic Sans font.

10. No pulp in the O.J. or strain that sh*t out for me.

11. Has to initiate a Nerf gun war.

12. Family gives out full chocolate bars on Halloween.

13. “Allergic” to latex.

14. Never owned a Tamagotchi.

15. Would be ok with a Ring Pop as an engagement ring.

16. Her feet are ticklish.

17. Prefers chocolate milk over white milk.

18. Has to be able to get stains out of my clothing.

19. Has to rock and feel comfortable in sweat pants.

20. Accepts bodily functions.

21. Bring me a cold beer when ever I am able to guess what’s wrong when “she’s fine”.

22. Can’t say “she’s fine” all the time.

23. Plays on a lingerie football team (I secretly hope these still exist).

24. Knows the the secret 50% pizza code at Papa John’s.

25. Is ALWAYS down to Netflix and chill BUT I have to pick the movie EVERY time.

These anonymous wants prove that males enjoys a girl who is able to embrace her inner quirks. So girls, stop trying to change yourself in order to get guys attention. Turns out Sidney White was right all along, being ok with being a dork is a good thing, so, “Lets hear it for the dorks!!” 

And a few final words for all you girls: be yourself because everyone else is taken (best/ worst cliche, I know, but I had to end with it). 

Fourth year English student at Western University who's just trying to find her way in this crazy world
Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.