Big 3 Astrology?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Big 3 Astrology?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

Zodiac Signs As Iconic Female Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

When I love a fictional character, I always associate a zodiac sign with them based on their personality and character traits they portray. Zodiac signs can say a lot about a person (and fictional character); their personality can give us insight into their sign even if their birthday is unknown. Just because they’re fictional doesn’t mean they don’t have one! Here is my take on the 12 zodiac signs as iconic female characters.

June Osborn/Offred (The Handmaid’s Tale):Aries
Starting off strong with badass and fiery June, also known as Offred, from The Handmaid’s Tale. Despite all of the injustice and pain she has gone through during the show, June is a survivor. She is fueled by hatred for Gilead and becomes a leader in helping save women and children. She does not back down from getting justice and fights until the very end, as Aries would do. She is courageous, rebellious, passionate and a strong leader..

Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games):Taurus
Katniss is the definition of a Taurus. She is fierce, stubborn, and dedicated. She fights against the Capitol even if it is the last thing she ever does. She always puts others before her, such as Prim and Peeta. Katniss is extremely loyal, but like a Taurus, she cannot be told what to do or act a certain way. She is down to earth and cares greatly for her people, but the spark within her towards the Capitol is always lit with extreme rage. 
Sharpay Evans (High School Musical):Gemini
A Gemini goes both ways. They can be amazing protagonists and antagonists, and Sharpay is clearly a Gemini antagonist. A go-getter and a little bit sassy, she is THE Gemini it girl of High School Musical. Doing whatever she wants and taking the lead of her favorite acts and musicals. Sharpay is cunning, but she is smart in what she does. Driven by success and being #1, she is outgoing and passionate about her hobbies.

Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad):Cancer
Harley Quinn is a crazy mixture of psychotic and sweet, kind of how I would describe Cancers (in the best way possible). Like Cancers, she has strong emotions that can range from love to rage. Harley can be overprotective and sensitive. Much of what Harley does is driven by emotions, whether it is good or bad. Extreme Cancer energy!

Maddy Perez (Euphoria):Leo
Everything about Maddy screams Leo. Some say she is a Gemini, Scorpio, or Aquarius. But I truly think she embodies Leo. She walks with confidence and always has the best wardrobe at school. She is passionate in relationships and is a fun, extroverted teenage girl. Maddy is a loyal friend, but doesn’t care saying what she feels and has the best interest for others in her mind. She doesn’t care much what people think of her. Such a Leo.

Hermione Granger (Harry Potter):Virgo
Everyone’s favorite witch is undoubtedly a Virgo. Smart and witty, you would have thought that she would be in Ravenclaw. But Hermione is far beyond her intelligence and proves to be a fierce fighter. She is very practical, always nagging Harry and Ron on their bad studying habits and the mischief they get into. Behind Harry’s plans is always Hermione, using her brilliance and determinedness to discover solutions to problems. Hermione is a mix of clever and tough, in which she ultimately aided in Voldemort’s downfall. And not to forget her badass revenge of punching Draco Malfoy in the face. She is the staple Virgo girl.

Elle Woods (Legally Blonde):Libra
A fashionista, Harvard grad. The best combo of being pretty and smart! Elle is enthusiastic and excited just to be a human in the world. Her appearance seems to take away from her wits, but she proves everyone wrong with her intelligence. She is confident and friendly, leading her to fit in with all the Libras. She doesn’t let others’ opinions shake her from her true self which is kind and smart. Libra’s symbol being the scale, they bring peacefulness and charm, like Elle.

Kat Stratford (10 Things I Hate About You):Scorpio
Scorpios can be a bit scary. It’s just a Scorpio thing. And yes, Kat Stratford is definitely a Scorpio. Only one would purposefully drive their car back into another person’s car. Kat is rebellious and independent (and a little scary) until you really get to know her; however deep down her heart is warm. She never aims to please anyone and is confident within herself. Like Scorpios, she has a mysterious vibe to her, but once Patrick opens her up we see more of a kind self that isn’t shown to the rest of the world. 

Max Mayfield (Stranger Things):Sagittarius
Fun loving, adventurous and definitely sarcastic: classic Sagittarius! Since befriending the Stranger Things crew, Max is curious and knows they are hiding something. Her observance is strong and she won’t rest until she is a part of the adventure. She is daring and impulsive, bringing a new dynamic to the team. Max is brave and always defends herself and others. She can be argumentative, but she is really just a strong person who’s always looking for some fun. 

Princess Leia (Star Wars):Capricorn
Capricorns often make amazing leaders, like Princess Leia. She is headstrong and contributes greatly to help an overall cause. She is intellectual and people look up to her as a leader. Her voice and actions are enough to inspire others. As a Capricorn, she is determined and driven in the Rebellion. What would we do without Capricorns to hold the astrological fort down?

Phoebe Buffay (Friends):AquariusThe most Aquarius of them all has to be Phoebe. She is eccentric and fun, sometimes seeming a little kooky, but we all know that Aquarians are some of the most creative and individually unique people out there. With her fun style and always bringing a laugh to the friend group, (in my opinion) Phoebe is the best character on Friends. Phoebe is innocently hilarious and quirky, joining in with the rest of the Aquarians

Alice Liddell (Alice In Wonderland):Pisces
Curiosity kills the (Cheshire) cat. Alice is dreamy, imaginative and curious. Wanting to break away from normal life and explore, she is certainly a Pisces. She possesses a whole entire world within her physical world. Like Pisceans, her imagination runs deep and is otherworldly. I think of them like clouds floating in a world of their own. They are also emotionally intellectual and compassionate, like Alice. Wonderland is a safe place for all Pisces, thanks to Alice for creating it! 

While these amazing female characters embody the zodiac signs to a T, there are many more characters throughout books, shows and movies that exhibit similar traits as well. Next time you’re obsessing over your favorite characters, examine their personalities and see which sign they would be!

Jessica Creamer

West Chester '26

Second year West Chester student majoring in Secondary Education & English!