absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

With All Due Respect (Fuck You)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WesCo chapter.

I’d find a better word, but “fuck” is the only designated intensive in our language. Add fuck to any sentence and see how it jumps. “It’s a beautiful fucking day.” “Fuck, I love you.” Rather than, “Dammit,” which adds aggression or “Hell,” which adds damnation, “Fuck,” is the perfect word for taking any expression or thought and making it more meaningful to your listener’s ears.

“That was fucking awesome!” is a better fit when a normal, “Awesome!” doesn’t cover the intensity of your enthusiasm for what someone just did.

“Please leave,” does not carry the same implications as, “Fuck off please.”

As many of you may know, people often synonymize sexual intercourse as “fucking”, which makes sense. If you’re doing it right, sex is intense. And so is the F word.

To say, “not only do I reject you, but I reject you and dismiss you passionately”, “fuck you” is not only effective, but more efficient.

My personal favorite occurred to me when drafting an email to an administrator. After receiving an email from said administrator which assumed that I was responsible for all hammocks strung up in trees behind a building on campus, I felt some type of way. I drafted a reply email, and before I could think to type “Dear _______, I am overwhelmed by the intensity of discomfort you are causing me,” I had already typed in all caps “YOU GOT ME FUCKED UP.”  

Our language developed an intensive for a reason. We should stop wasting our breath and energy on words that disguise or tone down the intensity of what we feel or are trying to portray with unequivocal words.