This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

If you’re a fan of Disney movies you may have heard of the term ‘Disney Vault’. Essentially, classic Disney animated movies were ‘locked’ in the vault and re-released for sale on VHS or DVD every 10 years. Because movies were only sold for a limited time, it made accessing old Disney movies difficult and expensive.

Walt Disney has since released its new streaming feature, Disney+. Disney+ contains nearly every Disney production ever made available for streaming. This also means anything owned by Disney, like Pixar Studios, Star Wars, and Marvel. Yeah,you heard that right. All Disney shows and movies, Pixar movies, Star Wars movies, and Marvel movies and shows are now available for streaming. Literally whenever you want. All in one subscription.

The biggest draw for Disney fans is the vault collection. The entire Disney Vault is now available at the touch of your fingers anytime.This is  essentially getting rid of the Disney Vault all together. With lots of different streaming services out there today Disney just made a huge step to curbing the competition.

This is such a big deal for Disney because since the dawn of home movies began, they have always had the Disney Vault system in place. By only releasing classic films from the vault at specific times, Disney spiked the demand, and also the worth, of those movies. This also made it possible for Disney to keep introducing the same classic movies to new generations.

So if you’re a fan of Fantasia, 101 Dalmatians, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Alice in Wonderland, the Aristocats, Dumbo, Pocahontas, or Peter Pan, then Disney+ is more than worth the money.

Amy Storti

Wells '21

Wells College Class of 2021 English Literature Major
Wells Womxn