Lately, I’ve been noticing more and more signs that spring is upon us!
The slightly warmer breezes. The smell of freshly unveiled grass. The birds chirping in the morning. Not to mention the puddles everywhere!
Like most people this time of year, I’ve been feeling the sudden urge to do some deep cleaning and organizing. We’ve been buried for months under heavy snow, bulky jackets, and layers of dark clouds. Now, it’s time to let in the clean air, bright sunshine and joyful anticipation of spring.
So, as we transition into this new season, I’ve put together a checklist of some of the things I’m hoping to get to during spring cleaning this year! Please feel free to use this list as a guide if you’re also interested in sorting out your spaces in the coming months.
Bedroom Spring Cleaning
- Wash bedding and pillowcases
- Organize drawers
- Tidy closet (donate any clothes you don’t wear)
- Disinfect desk and surfaces
- Clean keyboard, mouse and phone
- Vacuum carpet
- Wipe down mirror
- Tidy bookshelf
Bathroom Spring Cleaning
- Organize cabinet
- Tidy drawers
- Properly dispose of old toiletries
- Scrub shower and bathtub
- Wash floor mats
- Clean toilet and surrounding area
Kitchen Spring Cleaning
- Wipe down small appliances
- Empty crumb trays from toaster and toaster oven
- Empty and clean refrigerator shelves
- Clean the oven and scrub stovetop
- Clear out cabinets and wash shelves
- Sanitize the sink
Other Rooms/General Spring Cleaning
- Remove living room furniture cushions and vacuum crevasses
- Empty lint traps in the dryer
- Hose out recycling bin and garbage cans
- Wash window screens
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Clean window sills
- Wipe down baseboards
- Disinfect doorknobs and light switches
Hopefully this list can help you get started with some of your spring tidying, and you’ll soon be able to feel as though the season has truly arrived.