This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Think of the times you have heard the beginning of a new song and it hits that sweet spot in your ears that just makes you go “oh hell yeah”. Make My Day by MBG was my most recent experience of that feeling. The song is straight up catchy and has some impressive guitar licks that break up the latter part of the track. The best part is the fact that the entire song was written, performed, recorded and produced by the one-woman rock band that is MBG, aka Leena. One girl. Made the whole song from scratch. This woman is making crazy good music in her bedroom, and my mom still helps me pick my outfits. I want to be her when I grow up, even though I may actually be older than her.

Plain and simple; Make My Day is the kind of song that made me want to race up to my own bedroom, grab my guitar, and play along, and it certainly made me excited to listen to her upcoming debut EP. Her song has been released on all streaming platforms. AKA Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon, Tidal, and Deezer.

Ps. If you like this song and want to see more of what Leena has done, check out her YouTube channel for some of her one woman band covers, you will not be disappointed!

4B Legal Studies and Business student. I enjoy live music and stand-up comedy.
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!