This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Hey friends! As you can probably tell from looking outside your window and feeling the drastic temperature drop; you know that winter is here. It is so cold, and it gets dark so fast, so before you know it, you already feel like your day is over. This constantly makes you just want to come home, curl up with a blanket and sleep. 

However, unlike bears, we can’t just hibernate during the winter months, so in that case, we must find ways to boost our winter productivity because things still need to get done. Here are 5 tips on how to boost your winter productivity this season.

Get Enough Sleep

Sleep is so important, especially in the winter months. I know I don’t do this enough but it’s so important to get enough sleep during the winter so that you are rejuvenated enough to get through the next day. Plus, the earlier you sleep the earlier you can wake up! This means you are more likely to wake up early and make use of the hours in the morning to get things done.

Create a Morning Routine That You Enjoy

It’s so good to wake up earlier in the morning and create a morning routine that you love. It gives you more time in the day to check some things off your to-do list. Personally, I start my mornings off as early as 6:30 am in the winter. I usually start off with a cup of tea and a short journaling session to get me ready to conquer the tasks ahead. 

Set Day-to-Day Goals

During the winter, it can be very hard to focus but with a list of daily goals, you can keep yourself motivated and in check to get things done. 

Trust me, it is the best feeling when you get to cross a task or assignment of your to-do list.

Get Active of Enjoy a Small Outting

It is so tempting to stay indoors all curled up under a blanket watching Netflix. However, staying inside all the time when you’re not at work or school can negatively affect your mood and make you sluggish. 

So, stay active or go enjoy a small outing. This could include exercising, taking a walk, or doing an outdoor activity with friends. It is the holiday season so check online for local Christmas festivals or markets. 

Small outings and staying active can have a huge positive affect on your mood, making you more productive.

Practice Self Care

Practicing self-care is important all year round but especially during the winter months. Between the end of year deadlines and preparing for the holidays, there’s a lot going on. 

In that case, don’t forget to take care of yourself and do things that you love. This could include journaling, reading your favourite book, or listening to music. Simply do what you love, and you’ll find that you become less stressed and more confident in yourself to complete your tasks.

So that’s it friends, those are my 5 tips to help you become more productive this winter and escape the winter blues.

Hi my name is Efuaye and I’m in Honours Public Health! This term I am the Co-President of HerCampus Waterloo. I have a passion for health/wellness & anything creative! I am always up for a DIY challenge! Always catch me with tea, chocolate, and a good book in hand! To check out more of my writings & my blogging business check out ohefuaye.com!
Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!