A Starbucks barista’s guide to spooky drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

If a stop at Starbucks on your way to class, work, or meetings is part of your daily routine, I can definitely relate! As a Starbucks barista, my friends are always asking me what they should order on their next Starbucks run, and ways they can spice up their drinks, too. If you’re looking for something new with a spooky, Halloween-y twist, look no further!

1. Vampire Frappuccino

Order a strawberry and creme frappuccino with extra strawberry purée at the bottom of the cup and on top of the whipped cream. This drink is fruity, creamy, sweet, and delicious!

1. Monster Mash Frappuccino

For this, order a green tea frappuccino with a scoop of java chips! Floral and nutty with a slight hint of chocolate, this drink will give you energy and put you right into the Halloween spirit! For a bonus, ask for matcha powder on top of the whipped cream.

1. Purple People Eater Drink

Ask for a blended mango dragon fruit refresher with whipped cream on top. Optional, but highly recommended: add two scoops of vanilla bean powder. Lighter than a frappuccino but still just as sweet, this fruity drink has a stunning violet shade that will remind you of dark autumn nights.

1. Caramel Apple Spice

This is technically not a very Halloween-themed drink, but it is an underrated fall item that not enough people know about. Think of a sweet apple cider with frothy whipped cream on top. 

Jasmine Yan

Waterloo '23

Jasmine is a fourth-year student psychology student in her final term at the University of Waterloo. She loves music, figure skating, being nocturnal, and anything and everything pink.