A Holiday Gift-Giving Guide That Won’t Break The Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

The holiday season is a time of joy and giving. However, finding the perfect gift for your loved ones while not breaking the bank can be challenging, especially as a university student who’s living on a budget. Luckily for you, I’m making your perfect gift-finding hunt ten times easier by giving you amazing gift ideas, all under $20!

1. Creative journal

A creative journal is perfect for anyone who enjoys thinking outside of the box. Unlike a traditional journal, this journal allows you to decorate your book with the help of the prompts inside of it, encouraging and enhancing your creativity! The best part? You can work on it whenever and wherever you want, and you can always look back at your beautiful creations!

2. Reusable straw set

nUCvSVt9nzleYA05QiWlQ67uS8nHDkAmqX1z2Negmp0Vg4jUI8A2Fkq48gVkqiVePGYSZvfC73A E0gixqEO0SRWNrgZHHAc46YTzH mD5RirB8ebtxeMBfBdrUEneseo8ixyo1SBWMgXlKy8BmlF PMR51UMfQIT1Kg ageEHDbbYrkK9G0HP6yGI7XOQ

This is the perfect sustainable gift for your environmentally friendly friend! These reusable straws come in cute cases that you can attach to your keys or purse, and take with you everywhere. They come in different sizes, too, which are great for a bubble tea connoisseur! It’s both a convenient and eco-friendly gift.

3. Body Care Gift Set

Taking care of your skin is vital year-round, but it’s even more important during the winter month due to the cold. Therefore, the perfect gift to give to your loved ones to take care of themselves is a self-care kit, including body-care products such as lotions, body washes, and more. 

4. Satin pillowcases

Personally, I’m obsessed with my satin pillowcases. They’re not only good for your skin and hair, as they reduce frizzy hair and acne, but they also stay cold all the time! That means, no need to turn your pillow around at night! This also makes your bedtime experience more luxurious. 

5. Fluffy blanket

With the cold winter months, staying warm is extremely important. Also, who doesn’t like furry blankets? Get your loved ones a cute, furry throw, perfect for providing warmth and holiday spirit. These make the perfect gifts as they’re both useful and budget-friendly!

I hope you’re able to find a perfect gift amongst these suggestions, and that you have a great holiday!

Nandini Sharma

Waterloo '25

Hello, my name is Nandini and I am a current GBDA student at UW. I am here to create and share content such as articles and blogs of interesting trending topics for you to enjoy!