This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Exam season is finally here, and I don’t know how to feel about it; I just want the term to be over already. If you’re anything like me, you’re probably looking for all the tips and tricks to up your study game during this trying time. Outside of the popular study resources that everyone should know of by now (like Khan academy , Cold Turkey ,  Coursera ). Here are 5 digital/online study resources to make you the most productive and prepared you’ve ever been for any exams in your life… ever. You’re welcome!  

1. Tomato Timer

This website is useful for people who live and breathe the Pomodoro technique. The Pomodoro technique is basically a study method where you break down your work/studying into 20-25 minute chunks with breaks in between, for the best productivity output. What’s great about this website is that you can customise the length of your breaks, and receive desktop notifications when your study/break period is over.

Perfect for: people with short attention spans, or people who like to take quick study breaks.

2. XMind

XMind is a free, digital, mind-mapping tool, available on desktops (sorry people, no mobile apps yet). It has cute icons, colourful backgrounds, and all the other features necessary to make tumblr worthy mind maps without worrying about a messy handwriting. Another plus is that you can easily copy sections of your notes into the XMind app without having to re-write them. You can download the desktop app for Mac OS here , and the Windows version here.

Perfect for: visual learners, or people that love making beautiful notes

3. Quizlet

Quizlet is another wonderful digital alternative for people who love making flashcards and quizzes. You can create your own flashcard, or look through flashcards generated by other users (just make sure you fact check the information) to memorise content discussed in class. Quizlet is available for free on iOS and Android, the website is linked above.

Perfect for: random study sessions on the bus, or people who need their flashcards on multiple platforms/devices

4. Crash Course

Crash Course is an educational YouTube channel, with tons of animations about a variety of subjects like philosophy, economics, and physics. If you need to grasp the basic understanding of a topic, crash course is the best place to go (before you look over your textbook notes). Check out the YouTube channel here.

Perfect for: visual learners, or people looking for a fun way to learn course concepts.

5. UWaterloo Student Success Office

This is a non-conventional choice, but people fail to realise the importance of the Student Success Office here on campus, and the number of resources available online. The Student Success Office has a bunch of tip sheets on reading strategies, time management and test strategies. Aside from that, you can connect with a tutor, book a Peer Success Coaching appointment, and so much more. You’re sure to find some useful tips somewhere on their website. Here are 12 tips to get you through exams from the Student Success Office.

Perfect for: University of Waterloo students looking for research backed study strategies

6. Bonus resource: 8tracks.com

Okay people, I know I said 5 online resources, but 8tracks is technically not a study resource because it’s a music streaming website. It’s a free website perfect for finding random study playlists, useful for people without Spotify or Apple Music memberships.

And that’s it! I hope you find some of these resources useful. Good luck with all your finals, and try not to get burnt out before the holidays.

Ayooluwa is a Legal Studies and Business student at the University of Waterloo. She loves Grey's Anatomy, and she's currently working on a blog, with the hopes of publishing content soon.  
Stephanie is a University of Waterloo alumni. In her spare time, she loves filming and creating YouTube videos. Check out her YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bizzarosmeszaros