4 Ways to Make Your Witches Tea Party Spooktacular

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Broil, boil, toil, and trouble, what events do the witches have cooked up for tonight?  If there is anything that might suit the nature of a witch, surely it would be a tea party. 

Now, what is a witches tea party?

This is an event in which all of your friends dress in attire befitting a witch and come together for a night of fun activities and lovely treats! It’s perfect for a calm Halloween night and I’m going to tell you how to make this entertaining night even more fun. 

For a witches tea party, one of the most important things is the attire. This is the heart of the event and helps cement the theme even more than the table. Everyone should be dressed in shades of blacks, greens, blues, and purples. A good idea for clothes is to look for black dresses or skirts, but pants work too! You could add on some jewellery to accessorise your outfit and dark makeup to fit the theme. Last, but not least, a witch’s hat of course! 

The table you and your friends sit at is also important, so make sure to adorn it with a black table cloth and Halloween confetti. The utensils should fit the theme as well. A good item to have should be a dessert tray to serve treats on. The teacups are a must as well. If I’m honest, witches tea parties always vary in table settings, so if you’re looking for ideas, searching them up should show you some fantastic ones. Monetary wise, these should be easy to find in the dollar store. 

A tea party isn’t a tea party without treats and drinks! For this, I’d recommend holding it potluck style and inviting the attendees to try to make spooky food and drinks that fit the theme. Getting creative is a nice challenge for them! Besides, Halloween wouldn’t be Halloween without the themed treats. A potluck will also save money and time and allow people to share their favourite dishes with others. 

As for other activities, watching horror movies together certainly fits. There are tons to fit any fear! I would certainly recommend Black Sunday, The Blair Witch Project, The House of The Devil, and The Conjuring. All these movies have witches involved in them. Another good one is cupcake or cookie decorating. You could make it a fun competition between friends to see who makes the spookiest of treats! It’ll give your friends a chance to show off their decorating skills and give you more scary desserts to enjoy!

A witches tea party is all about having fun with your friends and everything within is tailor-made for that purpose. Halloween has always been about fun with friends — be it trick or treating, haunted houses, or Halloween parties, friends have always been at the centre. After all, witches were known for their sense of community with each other. 

Mariam Naim

Waterloo '27

Hello! I'm Mariam Naim. I am currently majoring in Honours Arts Economics.