This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

1. Rattlesnake Point

Address: 7200 Appleby Line, Milton, ON L9E 0M9

This is a good trail for beginners, as it is a relatively easy hike and a manageable distance for the majority of people. The great views from the trail make for perfect instagrammable locales, and if you go early in the morning it is unlikely to be crowded with other like-minded hikers. Getting into the park only costs a few dollars, and it’s worth it for the hours of fun that come from it.

2. Belfountain Conservation Area

Address: 10 Credit Park St, Belfountain, ON L7K 0E5

Another easy trail with lots of creeks and water features, but this time a little shorter than Rattlesnake Point. Similar to Rattlesnake Point, the length of the trail and how long you spend on it depends on the paths you take. There are lots of signs which point out direction and length, so take some time to explore the area!

3. Elora Gorge Conservation Area

Address: 7400 Wellington County Rd 21, Elora, ON N0B 1S0

A little bit more difficult, Elora Gorge Conservation area culminates with a beautiful view overlooking the gorge itself. You may have seen several videos of your friends or acquaintances jumping off a cliff into the clear blue water of Elora Quarry, make sure the next video is yours! Bring your swimming gear and prepare yourself for a once-in-a-lifetime experience not too far from the Waterloo region.

4. Bechtel Park Trail

Address: 185 Bridge St W, Waterloo, ON N2K 1K9

The only trail of this list in Waterloo, this is a pleasant hike that won’t leave you exhausted by the end! Do yourself a favour and take your time in Bechtel to explore the different paths that form the park’s inner workings.  

Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!