4 Fun Places You Have to Go to in the Waterloo Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

I know that a lot of people who attend the University of Waterloo are not from the area. I, however, am. I grew up just forty minutes away from Waterloo, so when my family needed to go shopping or wanted to do something fun, most times we ended up here (or Guelph). So, here is your guide of fun things to do and places to go in the Waterloo area!

1. Play with Clay

Play with Clay is a lovely little pottery studio. Located in both Cambridge and Guelph,  it’s the perfect distance for an evening of fun and creativity. I’ve used a pottery wheel, made my own mug, and painted a few lovely pieces. It’s such a cute little spot to go for date night or for a fun night out with your friends! Plus, there’s a clay bar if you want to have a drink while you paint.

1. St. Jacobs Market

If you live in Waterloo, you’ve definitely heard about the St. Jacobs Market; it’s located on the outskirts of Waterloo and has tons of cute little vendor shops! Especially around Christmastime, there are lots of gift shops. I know that’s where I do a lot of my holiday shopping. Then, you can end your trip with a stop at the apple fritter booth for some tasty and warm apple fritters.

1. Waterloo Park

The park in Waterloo that leads to Uptown Waterloo is so lovely. With an option to bike or walk, it gives the perfect opportunity to get some exercise and enjoy the scenery with a friend – or alone!

1. Bingemans

I’ve been going here since I was little, but it’s still just as fun as an adult; there’s a Boston Pizza, mini golf, and bowling! Not to mention that during Halloween there’s also a special Halloween scream park event.

So, no matter what you like to do in your spare time, there are lots of fun things to do in Waterloo!

Hey! I'm a third-year honours arts student at the University of Waterloo! I major in English with a Digital Arts Communication minor and a tech writing specialization! Oh, and I also write for HC Waterloo! I'm an avid reader (go Gryffindor), obsessed with friends and gilmore girls, and a plant connoisseur!