mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Signs It’s Spring Term at Waterloo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Whether you’re a co-op student who has just finished a co-op term or a regular-stream student taking either a part-time or full-time course load, you may have noticed a few differences between spring term and every other term at Waterloo.

Here are 12 signs that it’s spring term here at Waterloo:

1. It’s significantly more quiet and peaceful on campus than the Fall and Winter Term

Which is a nice break from the usual hustle and bustle of thousands of students trying to get to class at the same time.

2. There’s almost never a line-up at Tim’s

Which means you can literally go to Tim’s 5 minutes before your class starts and still probably make it to class on time.

3. You frequently bump into people you know

Literally everyone who’s taking a spring term is either on the same co-op stream or you and your friends decided to take a spring term together so you’re bound to bump into someone you know more often than you’d think.

4. Your profs are decent

Generally, profs who teach during the Spring term are the profs who enjoy teaching.

5. You can easily find a study spot

(Photo Credits: @UWLibrary)

Which is also a nice break from the usual Hunger Games that occurs when you’re trying to find a study spot during Fall and Winter Term.

6. You see the little goslings waddling around campus

Which is super cute but also super terrifying because the parents are protective AF. Typical Waterloo.

7. Instead of battling the cold weather, you’ll be enjoying the nice warm weather

And this means you can study outside and finally wear those cute shorts and dresses that have been hiding at the back of your closet.

8. Bomber patio

(Photo Credits: @UWFeds)

Which makes going to the Bomber ten times better.

9. Construction on campus seems to intensify

(Photo Credits: @UWaterlooLife)

Which really sucks considering they’re doing some major landscaping on one of the best spots to be on campus during the Spring Term.

11. When your friends who aren’t taking a spring term post their vacation pictures on Instagram and you get super jealous

Because let’s be real, you would much rather be on a beach than stuck in DP or DC studying.

12. You’re more social than Fall and Winter Term

With nice weather and most of your friends on campus, why wouldn’t you be social?!

University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets