10 Halloween-Themed Episodes that Give Millennials All the Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Now that we’re officially adults – just kidding! Can someone help me adult, please?

Whether you’re 18 or 30, these 12 episodes will creep you out, have you LOL-ing, or make you – I’ve warned you – severely nostalgic!

1. Lizzie McGuire: “Night of the Day of the Dead”

You’re lying if you claim that a possessed Lizzie McGuire isn’t one of your deepest, darkest fears! But seriously, this episode highlighted how exciting it is to involve different cultures – Miranda’s Mexican heritage – in your Halloween celebrations – in a respectful way, of course! Also, beware if you (ahem, Kate) shove Miranda’s dead ancestors into a corner – you might just get haunted…and covered in chocolate cake. Ha! “The spirits are awake… Evil and doom walk the night.” ~shudders~

2. Sabrina the Teenage Witch: “A Halloween Story”

Warning #1: Do not try to clone yourself. Warning #2: If you fail to heed warning #1, do not send that clone to a party where she will be manipulated by Libby. This was a sweet, family-friendly episode and the ending will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy for days.

3. Sabrina the Teenage Witch: “Yes, that’s Candy Corn”

Come on, we all knew this was going to make the list! Sabrina’s aunts decide to throw her Halloween party for her and her mortal friends in a magical house…This has disaster written all over it! Other-Realm trick-or-treaters, a river of candy corn, and Salem’s insults; it’s an episode you just have to (re-)watch!

4. Sabrina the Teenage Witch: “All Grown Up!”

Are you really all that surprised that a series about a teenage witch has so many Halloween episodes? You cannot escape Halloween especially not if you’re a teenage witch! Let’s just say this about the episode: the zombie invasion was waaaay ahead of its time!

5. That’s So Raven: “Don’t Have a Cow”

Ever wanted to be a cow for Halloween? No, not as a costume. I mean literally turn into a cow! Raven and Chelsea play with Raven’s grandma Viv’s – don’t call her that, though! – psychic stuff. Also, mega-feels at the mini-Cheetah Girl reunion! #AlanasHalloweenParty

6. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody: “The Ghost in Suite 613”

Okay, so technically, this isn’t a Halloween episode, but it scarred an entire generation for life! By far, the scariest episode I’ve ever seen.

P.S. Remember when the ghost put Esteban on hold?

7. Wizards of Waverly Place: “Halloween”

Who knew that wizards would have such a hard time being scary? The Russos are banned from participating in Halloween, but not if Alex has anything to say about it! Watch Alex fight for her right to Halloween. “Kids wanna be scared, not scarred for life!” Watch at your own risk.

8. Hannah Montana: “More than a Zombie to Me”

Ok, so this one isn’t really a Halloween episode, but look at Hannah/Miley and Jake Ryan! The drama, the zombie make-up, the intrigue, the kiss…what’s not to love?

9. Phil of the Future: “Halloween”

When the cyborg attacks! This is what happens when you use time travel to solve your problems. To any time-travellers: sending defective robots back to the early 21st century is not appreciated. I guess Sweet Debbie wasn’t so sweet, after all!

Also, #CoupleCostumeGoals by Phil and Keely.

10. Halloweentown High

This one made it because, duh! It’s all about Halloween!

P.S. peep Lucas Grabeel of High School Musical, as Ethan Dalloway.

Happy Halloween!

Picture Sources:

Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4, Picture 5, Picture 6aPicture 6bPicture 7, Picture 8, Picture 9, Picture 10

Vanetia R

Waterloo

Vanetia is in her fourth and final year at the University of Waterloo, studying Honours Arts Legal Studies, with minors in Sociology and Women’s Studies. Vanetia is passionate about animals – especially puppies – loves root beer, and is addicted to marathon-ing FRIENDS on Netflix. Vanetia is also passionate about changing the world for the better and spreading hope and joy, one article at a time.
I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!