international student?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
international student?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Zen Chung Via Unsplash

What’s In My Bag: UW Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

The “What’s In My Bag” trend has taken over the celebrity interview world. Gigi Hadid, Emma Watson, and even Madelyn Cline have all done this trend showcasing what’s in their most loved purses. While their bags are filled with makeup and accessories, mine is a bit less glamorous and a lot more practical. Besides the basics, like my laptop and school work, here’s what’s in my bag:

Glossier Balm Dotcom

The birthday balm dotcom flavor tastes just like a lip balm I had as a child, needless to say it’s a bit nostalgic for me. The birthday balm not only tastes great but adds a bit of shimmer to my lips in the driest of days. I’ve gone through about five tubes of Glossier’s most loved lip balm in different flavors.

Planner

My whole life consists around my written planner and my google calendar. If something is not in the planner, I will most likely forget to do it. I’m a writing down everything type of girl, I can’t always remember what someone tells me. Checking off every assignment in a physical planner leaves me feeling accomplished.

Keys

I’ve forgotten my keys at my apartment an embarrassing amount of times. To be fair, I live with four roommates so most of the time one of them is bound to be home to let me in. My keys are a misfit of different objects I’ve collected over the years. First: my hot pink pepper spray because I live in a college area and need to be safe. Second: a keychain based off season four of Stranger Things. I got it this summer at a pop up event in New York City. Another token from the East Coast is my Dear Evan Hansen keychain from seeing a Broadway show. Third: my credit card and husky card holding on for dear life in my wallet. And it’s all hanging on a broken UW huskies keychain. 

Perfume

I recently caved into the trends and bought Sol de Janeiro’s perfume mist. After its recent popularity from TikTok, I can say it lives up to the hype. I have the Beija Flor, which is a cute pink color and smells like fresh flowers. It’s great to have in my bag because it’s less expensive than other high-end perfumes that can break.

Sweatshirt

It’s Seattle, so the weather can change in a matter of seconds. Whether it’s sunny outside at the moment, five minutes later it could be pouring. I normally have an extra sweatshirt in my backpack regardless of what the weather report says. I’ve been caught too many times this quarter in the cold. 

Book

I’m always carrying my current read in my bag, especially when the weather outside turns warmer. One of my favorite parts of the year at UW is sitting on a bench in the Quad and just reading. It’s a great way to take a moment to get away from a classroom or my next school assignment and just relax.

That’s everything that’s in my bag as a University of Washington student!

Elizabeth Williams

Washington '25

Elizabeth Williams is one of the Campus Correspondents for University of Washington’s Her Campus chapter. As a freshman she was a Writer, followed by being a Corresponding Editor for a year. In her hometown of Wilton, Connecticut she developed her love of writing in high school. Now as a junior at the University of Washington, she is pursuing a double major in Journalism and Psychology. Through her journalism classes she has covered a variety of topics about the environment, social media, and on-campus events. For Her Campus, she mainly writes about music, fashion, and college advice. She also just recently returned to campus from studying abroad in London! In her free time she loves reading (she read 25 books last year), doing hot yoga, and spending time with her roommates. If she’s not writing you can probably find her getting coffee or at a concert, most likely at Harry Styles’ Love on Tour or at Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour. If you have read some of her articles, you can probably tell that her greatest achievements are getting tickets to concerts (a certified skill) and predicting the outcome of reality tv shows.