This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Summer is usually the time of year when a lot of the highly-anticipated movies come out, and just like the many that came out last year, 2019 will be no different. Ranging from live actions to musical biopics and even some horror sequels around early autumn, here are the ten most talked about upcoming movies that you definitely should watch this year. 

1. The Lion King

Beyonce and Childish Gambino take on the main roles of Simba and Nala in this live action remake of a Disney classic. 

2. Rocketman

This musical biopic takes you inside on legendary musician Elton John’s life, especially in the early stages of his career. 

3. Aladdin

Another musical live action film based on another old classic Disney film with none another than Will Smith as the Genie

4. Yesterday

Whether you’re a huge Beatles fan or not, this comedy will have you crying with laughter as you follow an aspiring musician stealing the Beatles’ songs as his own.

5. X-Men: Dark Phoenix

A promising superhero action movie which boasts an incredible ensemble cast including Jennifer Lawrence, Sophie Turner, Michael Fassbender and more.

6. Annabelle Comes Home

It seems as if the story of a creepy possessed doll doesn’t seem to ever end; Annabelle is back again to haunt you in your dreams.

7. Spider-Man: Far From Home

Even though there are so many movies about Spider-Man out already, each new one has a different interpretation of the story.

8. It: Chapter Two

(Trailer not yet released)

If you hate clowns, probably don’t watch this movie. Much to everyone’s horror, Pennywise does return for a second time.

9. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood

A Quentin Tarantino movie with an amazing cast consisting of Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie!

10. Men In Black: International

A spin off comedy to the original series with Chris Hemsworth in it sounds amazing!

Ana Bhardwaj

Washington '21

Ana is a sophomore at the University of Washington from London, England. She is studying English Literature and in her free time, she enjoys photography, baking, watching movies and going to concerts and festivals.