Bgb Editor\'S Letter Hero Image
Bgb Editor\'S Letter Hero Image
Adebusola Abujade / Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Since my freshman year of high-school, I’ve had a slight obsession with skincare. I’ve gone brand to brand hoping to find the perfect fit for all my needs, but unfortunately that didn’t work out too well. From outrageous prices to ingredients that made me breakout, my skincare journey has been somewhat of a hit or miss. After a lot of trial and error, I’ve finally found it, the perfect skincare brand for me. Krave beauty was launched by founder Liah Yoo in 2017. Krave’s philosophy is based on the slogan “PressReset”. The press-reset movement is for those who feel overwhelmed and lost with the abundance of products and ingredients in modern-day skincare. My holy-grail product is their matcha hemp hydrating cleanser, described as “An antioxidant cleanser that doesn’t mess up your skin barrier, lifting everything your skin doesn’t want while leaving what it needs.” Liah posts numerous YouTube videos explaining the ingredients and formulation of their products. Not only do they use clean ingredients, but are vegan, cruelty-free, and seem to actually care about sustainability as well. Krave also donates to organizations that support a variety of different environmental concerns. Additionally, they have every key part of your skin-care routine, without any needed extras. 

1. The Cleanse: Krave’s Matcha Hemp Cleanser is a soft and gentle daily cleanser with a gel consistency. Recommended to be used in the morning and at night as the first step in your beauty routine. Unlike regular cleansers, this product uses hemp seed oil to ensure your skin isn’t stripped of moisture. Recommend for those who “need to wash off the nasties but don’t want to lose any moisture.”
  2. Exfoliate: The Kale-lalu-yAHA is a chemical exfoliator that helps remove dead skin cells to reveal the clear and smooth skin underneath. If your skin is feeling clogged and your in need of a quick solution for glowy skin, Kale-lalu-yAHA is the exfoliator for you. This product is recommended to be used  2-3 times a week during your night routine.
  3. Moistruize: The Oat So Simple Water Cream is described as a water based moisturizer that is suitable for those with skin sensitivities. With less than 10 ingredients, this moisturizer can easily fit into anyones daily regimen. 
  4. Relieve Damaged Skin: Want to give some extra love to damaged skin? Krave’s Great Barrier Relief is the product for you! This serum helps repair damaged skin barriers through its key ingredient, Tamanu oil. Recommended to be used before moisturizer whenever needed. 
  5. Protect: Undoubtedly, the most important product in a skin care routine is sunscreen. Krave’s Beet Shield uses a high-tech Korean formula to ensure your skin is protected against harmful UV rays. Suggested to be used everyday as a last step, especially after using any type of chemical exfoliator. 

Which product will you try? 

Isabella Koch

Washington '22

A Midwest girl trying to figure out her way through the PNW!