This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.
It’s that time of year: you’re getting invited to 598 different holiday parties in between finals and each one seems to be a different type. You only have so many clothes! Today we’ve got you covered on what to wear to holiday parties, whether it be a comfy casual one, an ugly sweater party, or a fancy holiday event.

(the images were made on Polyvore)
Comfy Casual: Chilling with your close friends? No need to freak out here – pull on your favorite holiday sweaters with cute designs and some variety of reds, maroons, and creams! Don’t forget those comfy slipper boots if you’re opting to go all the way comfy. If you’re willing to pull on that sweater dress with your friends, slip on the black ankle booties from H&M with a metallic heel to spice things up! 

Ugly Sweater Party: These kinds of parties are the best kinds. Most of the time, there’s a competition on whose sweater is the ugliest and most outrageous, but I found some ugly yet cute ones at H&M. You’ve got your reindeer, Christmas tree, gingerbread man… there’s a sweater for everyone!

Fancy Holiday Party: Nearing the end of 2015, you’ll be sure to attend a few New Year’s parties. These dresses and jumpsuits are sure to fit your needs! Anything red-toned, glittery, or classy black-and-white will do. 

What will you be wearing to your parties this year?