Style > Beauty

This Indian Healing Clay Face Mask Is Seriously Worth The Hype

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

When it comes to having good skin, I am not one of the lucky ones. I have battled with breakouts, clogged pores, oiliness, and acne scars for years, and I’ve tried everything under the sun to fix it. Cleansers, exfoliators, oils, serums; you name it, I’ve probably used it at some point or another. Some products have definitely helped, but nothing has truly solved the probelm…until this mask came along.

If you like to scavenge the internet for new skin care regimens to try, you’ve probably heard of the all natural Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. There’s countless articles and YouTube videos raving about this face mask, but for some reason I never bothered to give it a shot. However, a friend of mine, who I consider the absolute king of skin care, recommended that I try it when I was complaining to him about the size of my pores. So, I ordered a tub and used it for 2 weeks straight. In that 14 day period, my skin (and my life, quite frankly) were changed for the better. 

All you do is take about a teaspoon of the clay powder (which is only $12 on Amazon for a one pound jar, by the way), mix it with a little bit of apple cider vinegar, slather it on your face, and let it sit for about 20 minutes. It literally makes your face pulsate, but that’s part of the magic according to the fine print on the side of the jar. Then, you simply rinse it off with warm water and marvel at your new and improved baby smooth face.

My pores shrunk, I have way less oil in my t-zone, and it even made my acne scars begin to fade away. It’s cheap, easy, and insanely effective in a short period of time, so why wouldn’t you give it a shot? I almost want to punch my past self in the face because of all of the money I have wasted on $40-$60 dollar products that didn’t do nearly as good of a job as this stuff does. But alas, the skin care journey is all about trial and error, right?

Purchase it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Cleansing-Original-Bentonite/dp/B0014P8L9W

McKenna is currently a sophomore at the University of Washington but is originally from Santa Monica, California. She is majoring in English and minoring in Law, Justice, and Societies. In her free time, she enjoys hanging out with her cat, shopping, ordering Postmates, and listening to The Spins by Mac Miller on repeat.