Style > Beauty

Glossier Has Come to Seattle! Here’s What to Stock up on for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

The beauty brand that has since achieved a cult-like following, Glossier, has finally come to Seattle. The new pop-up shop is located at 200 Broadway East in Capitol Hill and will be there until July 7th. Whether you’re looking to sample their products for the first time, or to restock your current supply, or to even just get some cute Instagram photos, there are many reasons to check out the physical location of this direct-to-consumer brand. Also, with summer rapidly approaching, there is no better time to buy into the naturally-dewy-and-glowy makeup look that Glossier does so well. Here are some products to consider incorporating into your life this summer:

1. Invisible Shield

Sunscreen is the one product you shouldn’t skip out on, no matter the season. Glossier offers their Invisible Shield with the promise that the sunscreen will instantly absorb into your skin without leaving a greasy residue. And because it’s clear, it won’t leave a weird white cast, either. Bonus: it’s hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic, paraben free, cruelty free, and vegan. One thing it’s not is waterproof. (So if you’re swimming or sweating, maybe wear something else).

2. Perfecting Skin Tint

The closest thing to foundation that Glossier sells is their Perfecting Skin Tint. It offers lightweight, breathable coverage that’s perfect for when you want a more even skin tone without looking cakey. And as an FYI for my fellow freckle-faced friends, this product is sheer enough to even out discoloration without covering up your freckles. (Because honestly, who would even want to do that?).

3. Wowder

It’s no secret that dewey skin is in, and that oily, greasy skin is… not. Avoid looking like a literal honeybun when the weather gets warmer by setting your skin with a mattifying powder. Wowder helps you maintain that natural makeup look by being sheer enough to actually look like skin, rather than like some chalky film caked onto it.

4. Balm Dotcom

Like sunscreen, lip balm is a product that shouldn’t be sacrificed in your daily beauty routine. Glossier markets their Balm Dotcom as a “universal skin salve,” meaning you can slap it on your lips, hands, elbows, cuticles or wherever else, to seal in moisture. And with seven different flavors, they’re like the more aesthetic, adult version of the Lip Smackers you used to collect as a kid.  

5. Reusable Water Bottle

In addition to all of their beauty and skincare products, Glossier is also selling an exclusive, only-in-Seattle water bottle at the pop-up shop. The Nalgene reusable bottles, which are decorated with a flowery Glossier logo, are being sold for $15 each. Also, $5 of each one sold is also being donated to Mary’s Place. So you’re helping others while helping the environment. It’s a win-win situation all around (save, maybe, for your bank account). 

Noelle Hardman

Washington '21

Noelle is a senior double majoring in Communications and Cinema and Media Studies at the University of Washington.