This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Wow, I can’t believe that next week is Finals Week! It’s now time to hunker down, complete term papers, and ace finals. I’m personally a fan of doing the majority of my studying/homework-ing/writing in the library. Most of the libraries at the UW are pretty quiet during Finals Week, which makes them great places to study, but also they’re also really crowded…all the time. But, after two years of going to school here, I’ve found a few amazing, less popular study spaces that are the best spots to study at on campus

The Art Library

Located close to the Quad, the Art Library is located in the Art Building is near the North Campus dorms. The library has printers, desk cubbies to do work. Also, the desks are surronded by books, which I think always helps me feel more productive and inspired to work. Plus, if you need a caffiene fix, Parnassus is located in the same building.

During Finals Week, this library is open 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Thursday.

Photo Courtesy of Space Scout 

The East Asia Library

Right in the heart of the Quad is my favorite library. The East Asia library is in Gowen Hall on the third floor. This library houses a ton of really interesting books written in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese. The East Asia Library’s main space is comprised of bookshelves and shared, large tables as workspaces. There’s typically a low hum in the library, which I really like. It’s not usually very crowded, which makes it a nice place to sit for a couple hours and get a ton of work done. 

The East Asia Libray is open 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Thursday. 

Photo Courtesy of UW Libraries

The Suzzallo & Allen Libraries

A lot of undergrads like to do their studying in Odegaard, but I’m personally of fan of studying in the Allen Library. While the Suzzallo Reading Room is probably the most famous library and location on the UW Seattle Campus, I don’t think I’ve ever been to that library. It’s a bit too quiet for my taste, plus there’s always a ton of tourists wandering through the library. I like to go to the Allen Library where on the first, second, and third floors, there’s desks amongst the stacks of books that are a great place to do homework. It’s a bit crowded, but if you wander around the library usually you’re able to find a desk. Plus, on the ground floor of Allen North there’s a group research space, so if you need to do any collaborative projects there’s plenty of space!

Plus, if you need to take a study break, the Suzzallo Cafe has a Starbucks, pastries, and snacks.

The Suzzallo & Allen Libraries are open from 7:30am-10:00pm Monday through Thursday.

Photo Courtesy of UW Libraries

I hope you all have a great finals week!

Header photo courtey of UW Libraries

College Sophomore. Anthropology and Arabic major. Harry Potter (and pop culture) nerd.