This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

In November of 2019, The Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, their version of a subscription streaming service, similar to Netflix or Hulu. While Disney+ exclusively has movies, shows, and documentaries produced by Disney and their associate companies, it does also have extra features you can’t watch anywhere else. One category of these Disney+ originals is the multitude of shows created only for the subscribers to this streaming service. If you don’t have Disney+ and want to see if it’s worth getting for the exclusives, or if you have it already and don’t know what to watch, keep reading to see our favorite Disney+ original series.

WandaVision

If you don’t know a lot about the Marvel cinematic universe, you may have passed up the opportunity to watch WandaVision in the past. I am here to tell you that you need close to no prior knowledge of the Marvel world and Avengers movies to understand what’s happening and enjoy this show. Set several years after Avengers: Endgame, WandaVision follows the perfect life of Wanda and her husband Vision while they try to hide their powers from the townspeople of Westview, New Jersey. Not only is this show extremely intriguing because each episode is modeled after a certain time period, but each episode also hints at the fact that Wanda and Vision’s life may not be as perfect as it seems.

The Mandalorian

Just like WandaVision, The Mandalorian is set in the world of another movie series: Star Wars. However, this show also doesn’t really need any prior knowledge to be enjoyed fully. The Mandalorian follows the adventures of a bounty hunter as he travels between intergalactic worlds and fights a large number of enemies, all while trying to take care of a small (and mysteriously valuable) child. Even if you’re not a big fan of the action genre, you should still give The Mandalorian a try just to see how adorable Baby Yoda is in action.

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

If you’ve been living under a rock, you might not know about Olivia Rodrigo’s new song, “Driver’s License,” and the romantic drama it details. In actuality, Olivia Rodrigo’s song is about Joshua Bassett, her co-star and boyfriend on High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. On the show, Rodrigo plays Nini, a high schooler with dreams of being the lead in a musical. The series follows Nini and her ex-boyfriend Ricky as he tries to win her back with his unsuspecting musical talents, all while preparing to act in a production of High School Musical: The Musical at their school (the high school from the movies!). If you enjoy watching TV shows about high school drama while also indulging in musical numbers and the nostalgia of the High School Musical movie series, you should definitely give High School Musical: The Musical: The Series a try. 

The World According to Jeff Goldblum

If you’ve ever seen the original Jurassic Park movies, you might recognize Jeff Goldblum as the handsome Dr. Ian Malcom. With those movies having been made in the 90s, Jeff Goldblum today is 68, still stars in movies like Thor: Ragnarok, and appears on late night talk shows. In The World According to Jeff Goldblum, Goldblum hosts a travelogue format exploration of regular aspects of modern society. With each episode centered on something seemingly normal like Ice Cream, Denim, or Pools, Goldblum shares his hilarious commentary as he meets the people and places that define these things. If you’re a fan of travel shows, documentaries, or educational TV programs, you’re sure to love this too.

As you can see, Disney+ has a lot to offer, with something for every genre. If you’re a fan of romance, comedy, mystery, or action, there is sure to be something on there that you’d like. Additionally, all of the series mentioned above are ongoing, with new seasons currently in the works. Our verdict is: if you haven’t tried subscribing to Disney+ yet, it’s definitely worth trying.

Shima is a junior at UW currently residing in Mukilteo, WA. She is majoring in Microbiology and hopes to someday become a physician. She enjoys baking bread, watching Teen Wolf, and practicing Taekwondo in her free time.