Alumni We Love: Rainn Wilson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Rainn Wilson rules both when he’s playing Dwight Schrute and when he is not. Born in Seattle in 1966, Rainn grew up here until he moved to Illinois with his parents during his last years of high school. Although he technically didn’t graduate from UW, his background in theater is from here! It definitely paid off, considering he has many regular roles in shows such as The Office and Six Feet Under. But his bio doesn’t stop there! Wilson has a lot of accomplishments under his belt–humanitarian work in Haiti, active member of the Baha’i faith, and creator of Soulpancake.com.
Rainn, HC Washington loves you!

Also, because of all the Office action happening last night, here’s a video of Rainn’s greatest hits at Dwight:

Representative photo credit to Kristin Dos Santos.

Avalon is in her second year at the University of Washington, and currently pursuing a BA in Global Studies. When she's not in class, Avalon works at UWB's Learning Technologies center as a student assistant. She enjoys making lists, eating delicious food, watching movies, and crafting. Avalon's favorite town is probably Cabo San Lucas.