This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

In my quest to break away from watching typical sitcoms when I need a break or need background noise, I stumbled across a show called Stay Here. The show follows interior designer Genevieve Gorder and real estate expert Peter Lorimer to horrifying rental properties throughout the U.S. With each episode I watch, I’m more intrigued. They continue to create stunning spaces even when they have very little to begin with.

And they don’t just go to homes either. The above picture is a renovation they did on a boat! The homes they design are typically pretty contemporary and have similar color schemes, but every so often, there’s a spark of color that lights up the home.

I especially love that they always try to incorporate aspects of the area in their homes. They visit local furnishing shops for the furniture and local businesses for the welcome packages, making sure that the guests feel welcome in the home as soon as they walk in the door.

I grew up watching home improvement shows with my parents, and I have to say that this is one of my favorites. Peter and Genevieve’s dynamic is quite unique in that they actual seem like friends. The show has little snippets of selfies they’ve taken in all the places they’ve been which makes their relationship seem genuine. The transformations always make me smile, and it’s so great to see the smiling faces of the satisfied home-owners as well. The home-owners are always blown away by transformations that they never could have imagined. And, Genevieve and Peter are actually making a difference in the lives of the home-owners since these homes are all sources of revenue. The transformations are life-changing. 

This show, though very simple, makes me smile, and I hope that it will make you smile, too.

Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.