Top 10 Feel Good Movies to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

TIS THE SEASON TO BE STRESSED OUT fa la la la la la la la la. But not to worry, I’ve got you covered. I’ve found the top ten feel good movies that are guaranteed to pull you through the next two hell weeks.

1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

I’m not going to say no to that Matthew McConaughey. Finals week calls for a dose of his face and time to pretend you’re Kate Hudson. It’s also always cute to think that people have to try to lose a guy and that their inherent craziness doesn’t immediately drive them away.

2. 10 Things I Hate About You

Again, not going to say no. Clearly keeping with a “10” theme here. This movie’s incredible for getting your mind off of drowning in studying. Just look at that grin and finals will be forgotten.

3. The Parent Trap

If you haven’t tried to learn this secret handshake with your best friend, you didn’t have a childhood. Feeling a need to get revenge on your professor? Just live through Hallie and Annie in the classic camping scene.

4. The Holiday

Yes, Kate Winslet preach. Instead of studying this coming hell week, why not pretend you get to move to LA and fall in love? Sounds like a plan.

5. The Devil Wears Prada

About to throw a Miranda Priestly-sized hissy fit? Take a deep breath and watch Devil Wears Prada. There is nothing more relatable than Anne Hathaway’s awkwardness. Still waiting for my Princess Diaries transformation though.

6. School of Rock

Working on some hypnosis to get my professors to say this. School of Rock is the best de-stresser. There’s nothing like watching students actually like school to trick yourself into thinking everything’s okay. If you fail all your finals you can always start a band.

7. Love Actually

Hugh Grant. That is all.

8. Clueless

Looking back on finals like… But it’s all going to be fine, just learn to argue your grades as well as Cher. This movie is the definition of a feel good movie- it’s basically therapy. If you’re not distracted by the movie itself, the fully plaid wardrobe should be enough.

9. Legally Blonde

Get some #inspo from no other than Elle Woods. No better motivation than living vicariously through Elle Woods seeking vengeance on Warren. Just hope the final question on your exam requires knowledge on the upkeep of perms.

10. She’s the Man

Take a page out of Viola’s book on how to be a bad ass. Nothing is more nostalgic than watching Amanda Bynes before she went bat shit crazy. Hopefully that doesn’t happen to you… MERRY FINALS!

All GIFs via Giphy.com.

Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!