Three Ways to Celebrate Fall Like a Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s official: the best time of the year has begun! Despite the stress and pressure of upcoming midterms and the overwhelming feeling that you’re going to fail and never amount to anything, there’s still a LOT of lit stuff to do to make all that melt away like marshmallows in hot chocolate. So let’s get to celebrating!

1. Clothes

Yes…time to put away the Nike shorts and T-shirts because sweater weather is approaching us faster than that one essay deadline we’ve all forgotten about until now. You’ll feel better about life when your boots crunch on the dying leaves and your long-sleeved shirt protects you from some pretty wild wind. And, of course, fuzzy socks are always a great way to go.

2. Food

As an amateur foodie, I believe that Wash U has an awesome array of options for whatever your stomach desires, and this is definitely going to be no different for the colder months. Some of my favorite picks are the steaming hot soups from Paws & Go, chicken marsala from BD, and the fall pasta from Ibby’s…lemme tell you, I’m pretty sure I was brought back from the dead after having it. There’s no amount of stress that a nice, hot meal can’t help (at least a little bit).

3. TV

With great shows like Riverdale and Stranger Things making their big returns, there’s no better time to take a break and curl up with a blanket. Yeah, you don’t wanna completely ignore everything as you binge-watch the whole season to figure out what exactly happened to Eleven, but just chilling out by yourself is a great way to help revitalize yourself for doing work AND to satiate your curiosity after such a long hiatus. Personally, the season 12 finale of Supernatural has kept me on the edge of my seat for months…this is my moment.

Obviously, I left out a couple things, like corn mazes/haunted houses/Halloween in general, but to be honest, who has the time or energy to actually do things?? We gotta take the little victories as they come in this whirlwind of a time.

As the great Wiz Khalifa once said, “Work hard, play hard,” and as I say, “Work hard, Netflix harder.”

Make chill choices.

By Abigail Anderson

gifs: giphy.com

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design