This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

School is often filled with arduous readings, so it is easy to forget how relaxing reading for pleasure can be. After a long day of school work, reading may seem like more work, but a good book can be more rewarding and entertaining than binge-watching Grey’s Anatomy for the third time. However, finding a book that is both captivating enough to compete with so many engaging shows may be challenging. Perhaps give one of Ruth Ware’s books a read.

Woman reading a book on the couch
Photo by Seven Shooter from Unsplash

Ruth Ware is a British Author that specializes in fictional psychological thrillers. Her stories often start with a mysterious main character that finds themselves amidst personal and professional turbulence. The moral and emotional ambiguity that her characters are forced to deal with, leaves the readers to question what they would’ve done in the character’s place? As her stories progress the elaborate settings Ruth describes transports us into the world she creates, leaving the readers unable to stop reading. No matter what type of books you are into, she will leave you wanting to read more.

So, If you are looking for your next book, you may want to try Ruth Ware’s Turn of the Key. Turn of the Key starts off with the protagonist searching for a new job and an escape from her old life. She is relieved to find such opportunity working as a nanny for a wealthy family, but that family lives in a secluded high-tech mansion. While the children and technology pose a surface level issue, she finds herself in a much more grave perdincatmcent.

While Turn of the Key is my personal favorite, The Death of Mrs. Westway and  The Women in Cabin 10 will not disappoint.

Hi I am Efimia Karageorgiou. I am a sophomore at WashU, majoring in Political Science and Ancient Studies.
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.