This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

The election is coming up, and if you’re feeling the political vibes in the air but don’t want to stay in the reality of the political season, check out these shows.

The West Wing

Unsplash

Set in the West Wing of the White House, the show follows the fictitious Democratic administration of Josiah Bartlet. The drama series portrays different aspects of the legislative system with episodes centered around negotiations with Congress, the campaign trail, and personal problems of the characters.

Veep

Is probably the funniest political shows ever made. Seinfeld’s Julia Louis-Dreyfus plays Selina Meyer who is the Vice President with big dreams of becoming the president. The Emmy-winning show is a hilarious perspective on what happens in Washington.

Scandal

White House, Washington DC
David Everett Strickler / Unsplash

Think The West Wing but more intense and feminist. Created by Grey’s Anatomy’s Shonda Rhimes, Scandal follows Olivia Pope’s (Kerry Washington) crisis management firm and its staff. Oh, and the President is her main love interest.

Parks and Recreation

Parks and Rec love gif
Giphy

This is the perfect show if you’re feeling depressed about today’s divisive political world. If you’ve never heard about the show, it’s about Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) who genuinely cares about making Pawnee better. It’s hilarious and a must-watch show!

Wash U Class of 2024, Majoring in Psychology and Film & Media Studies
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.