New season = New Music!! Here’s What’s On My Fall Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Transitioning from Summer to Fall means my playlist needs to be updated with new ~fall music~. Here are some songs/artists I recently discovered on spotify and strongly recommend you add to your playlist! (Warning I kind of have an alternative/indie taste in music so these songs might not be for everyone)

Artist: Surfaces, Song(s): Heaven Falls/Fall on Me, Sunday Best, 24/7/365

I recently discovered surfaces and ABSOLUTELY love them. Their songs are upbeat and fun and perfect to have a great start to your fall season. 24/7/365 samples its main tune from the song: “The Girl from Ipanema”

Artist: Lawrence, Song(s): Misty Morning, Do You Wanna Do Nothing with Me?

My best friend from home showed me Lawrence and I find their songs to have a jazzy, upbeat feel as well. The female vocalist has amazing range and the songs 

make you want to sing along.

Artist: Leon Bridges, Song(s): River, Beyond, Coming Home

I’m going to be honest, I actually first heard River in Big Little Lies and fell in LOVE with it. Leon Bridges’ songs are slow and a little bit sad, but good for a rainy fall day. His vocals are amazing. Highly recommend. 

Artist: Still Woozy, Song(s): Goodie Bag, Habit, Lava, Foolsong

Still Woozy’s songs are very relaxing and have a ~chill~ vibe. If you’re hanging out with friends, or just want to relax, listen to some of these songs. 

Artist: Lake Street Dive, Song(s): You Go Down Smooth, Good Kisser, Baby Don’t Leave Me Alone With My Thoughts, Rich Girl

Lake Street Dive has an amazing female vocalist and their songs, similar to Lawrence, are very upbeat and fun. They also do a cover of “Rich Girl” by Hall & Oates and it comes pretty close to the original :)

Artist: The Wombats, Song: Moving to New York

I’m from New York, so this song really resonates with me. It’s nice to hear a song about your hometown when you’re in college somewhere else, and it really takes me back. But, overall, it is an amazing song with a great beat that’s super catchy.

Here you go! This includes a large part of my fall playlist–hope you add some of these songs to yours :)

Jess Greene

Washington '22

Wash U Class of 2022, double major in Psychology and Marketing
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.