Her Campus always knows exactly what a girl needs to prepare for Spring Break, whether she’s staying nearby or jetting off to the tropics. This year’s Spring Break Survival Kit covers all the bases, providing our team with everything from our snacks to our beach time entertainment.
1. Mini Luna Bars: Toss one (or two, or three) in your beach bag for an ideal afternoon pick-me-up that won’t break your bikini bod. Even if you’re staying on campus, going home or traveling elsewhere for break, these baby bars are always the perfect sweet treat.
2. The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn: Hopefully, you can really capitalize on the word “break” and take a rest from applying for jobs and internships. However, pleasure reading can also be educational… right? This book is the Holy Grail when it comes to internships, and it never hurts to be informed.
3. Campus Safety Pepper Gel Spray: Safety is the priority, especially during a crazy time like Spring Break where everyone can tend to be a bit unaware of their surroundings. Carry one of these pepper sprays anytime you are alone (on campus or on vacation), and in your purse when you go out at night. We hope that you never have to use it, but better to be safe than sorry.
4. Completely Bare Hair Removal Strips: Get yourself beach-ready without emptying your wallet at a spa. We hope that you have really good friends who are willing to help you out with those hard-to-reach spots.
5. Koozies: Because who doesn’t need a koozie to protect their precious hands from condensation? I guess keeping your drink cold is also a plus…
6. Sunglasses: I’m always worried about bringing my favorite pair of sunglasses to the beach in fear that I might break or lose them, so Her Campus really had my back on this one.
7. Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo & Conditioner: Toss these mini shampoo and conditioner bottles into your bag instead of bothering with filling those plastic travel-sized bottles. You’ll save yourself time, money and probably a big mess.
8. Chipotle Discount Cards: I like to think of these gift cards as a post-break reward to bring you back down to Earth after an amazing vacation. It’s always hard to come back to school and return to the real world, but Her Campus knows that a Burrito Bowl with extra guac will ease our sorrows.