galentine's day party
galentine's day party
Krista Stucchio
Life > Experiences

Galentine’s Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Whether it be catching up over zoom, watching a rom-com on Netflix party, or having a girls-night-in celebration, the Valentine’s Day season always makes me incredibly grateful for all of my gals. Regardless of whether or not you have someone special this 2/14, friendships should always be celebrated, and I think Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to do so. So, here are some fun, affordable ways to put a smile on your Galentines’ faces!

Organize a Movie Night

If romantic comedies are your thing, I know that the third movie in the “To All The Boys” franchise is being released on Netflix this February 12th. Not feeling anything too cheesy? Settle down with a comedy or an old Disney movie!

Bake for your Friends

Valentine’s Day serves to celebrate the sweetness in life, and nothing says “I’m here for you,” like a batch of freshly baked cookies or brownies. I would love to know someone who dedicated the time to bake for me. Added cuteness points if you can incorporate the color pink or some form of charcuterie into your treats!

Give a Meaningful Gift

I know all too much about the pressure to buy something expensive for your loved ones on Valentine’s Day. This season, show them how much you care with a small, thoughtful gift. Whether it be fuzzy socks, nail polish, a letter to your friends, or a framed photo, your Galentine’s will feel so appreciated.

For the Bookworms

Many of my friends and I are big readers and love to talk books together, so I think it would be fun to celebrate V-Day together while reading a fun romcom-esque book in our PJs. Here are some cute ones:

1. Beach Read by Emily Henry

2. Get a Life, Chloe Brown (or its sequel) by Talia Hibbert

3. One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London

4. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

5. You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle

Eliana is a member of the WashU class of 2024 and coffee enthusiast who will proudly show you pictures of her pets anytime. She tends to overuse the word "y'all" and blames it on her Texas roots.