Best Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit

1. Watch Christmas Movies

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, the Nightmare Before Christmas, A Christmas Carol, The Polar Express, It’s a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause, Love Actually...there are so many more; watch one on every day leading up to Christmas to really get into the holiday spirit.

dr seuss matthias brown GIF by Christmas Classics2. Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows

The ultimate holiday drink, unless you are an eggnog person.

hot chocolate GIF

3. Drive around and look at the Christmas lights

Self-explanatory--a great thing to do with friends and family, look at the lights and get the ~magical~ feeling of christmas.

christmas december GIF

4. Light a fire

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…. fires are the epitome of winter and the holiday spirit. They’re good for s’mores or just hanging out and keeping warm.

yule log fireplace GIF

5. Eat candy canes

Candy canes! Only really sold and appropriate to eat during the holiday season; they also make your breath smell minty and fresh.love this behind the scenes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

6. Listen to Christmas Music or Hanukkah Music

All I Want For Christmas, Santa Baby, White Christmas, Last Christmas, Baby it’s Cold Outside, Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Dreidel Dreidel, Chanukah O’ Chanukah… the list is endless.

record player matthias brown GIF by Christmas Classics

7. Buy Comfy Holiday Clothing

Sweaters (especially ugly Christmas sweaters), Pjs, and fuzzy socks are great ways to bundle up and keep warm during those cold winter months.

ugly christmas sweater GIFOverall, December 1st symbolizes the start of the holiday season, so get started on these!