The Best Jeni’s Ice Cream Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

The Best Jeni’s Ice Cream Flavors 

Jeni’s ice cream is my go-to spot in the St. Louis area because of their creative and delicious ice cream flavors. The atmosphere in the store is always warm and friendly, with the employees encouraging you to sample as many flavors as you want. Being gluten-free, my ice cream flavors can sometimes be limited to boring ones, however Jeni’s has full of a variety of flavors you would never expect to not have gluten ingredients. I highly recommend that every WashU student or person living in a close vicinity to a Jeni’s check it out! For some inspiration, here are the top 8 flavors you MUST try. 

8. White Chocolate Peppermint 

• I have only sampled this flavor, but it is perfect for the Christmas spirit and is a delicious combination of the sweet white chocolate and spicy mint flavor 

7. Roasted peanut butter & Strawberry Jam (Dairy-free)

• This combination is delicious and even better that it is dairy free! All of jeni’s dairy free varieties are delicious, but being a peanut butter finatic, this one makes the list. 

6. Goat Cheese with Red Cherries

• This flavor pairs perfectly with any chocolate. The goat cheese base is creamy and delicious, and the cherries add a nice balance of tartness and additional sweetness. 

5. Cognac with Gingerbread

• Jeni’s seasonal flavors are perfection; this ice cream is full of spices and really taste like a gingerbread cookie. Bonus for the cookie pieces being gluten-free!

4. Sweet Potato with Torched Marshmallow 

• Another seasonal flavor, this unlikely combo reminds me of Thanksgiving. The sweet potato flavor tastes like pumpkin and the marshmallow pieces add a nice texture. 

3. Gooey Butter Cake

• This flavor is often praised as Jeni’s #1 flavor and the rumors are true: it is delicious. The ice cream is cream-cheese flavored with delicious cake bits inside. Another flavor that pairs well with chocolate, Gooey Butter Cake is a must-try. 

2. Salted Peanut Butter with Chocolate Flecks

• Jeni’s takes your classic peanut butter chocolate ice cream flavor to the next level. The peanut butter base is incredibly smooth and the chocolate flecks add a great texture and flavor. 

1. Darkest Chocolate

• This is the best ice cream I have had in my whole life!! The darkest chocolate takes the cake by a huge margin; the flavor has the richest and most intense chocolate flavor you could dream of. It is smooth, sweet, and incredibly chocolatey.

Addie Bard

Wash U '23

Hi! I'm Addie and am a huge food and netflix enthusiast!
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.