If there’s avocado toast at brunch, I will get it.
Here’s a review of some of the avocado toasts I’ve tried in St. Louis.
Half and Half
- The avocado toast is an appetizer here, so I typically order 2 portions
- The avocado is very creamy and is topped with feta and a lime on the side
- I don’t like feta, but they put so little that it actually adds a nice flavor
- I love the avocado toast here – it’s very lemony and the avocado is chunky rather than completely smoothed out
- Perfect with a side of eggs
City Coffee House and Creperie
- Not your typical thing to get here, but it’s a great thing to share on the side with friends
- It comes with tomatoes, mozzarella, and balsamic, giving it extra flavor and making it more filling
- People love the avocado toast here, but since I don’t like hot sauce or feta, it’s not the best toast I’ve ever had.
- However, it’s still pretty good plain with eggs and you can walk from campus.
THE Bear’s Den
- I ate this everyday freshman year, and it usually did the job as long as the toast was toasted enough
Enjoy your avocado toast adventures!