5 Shows to Binge-Watch over Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Let’s be real. You won’t be doing any homework until the Sunday plane (or car) ride back to school during Thanksgiving break. So, when you’re at home or still stuck at school, turn on Netflix and watch a season… or five.

1. Orange is the New Black: As if you haven’t already seen this show a million times. Well, if you haven’t, you are in luck because this Netflix original series is possibly the easiest show to binge-watch because it is just so addicting. So here is the lowdown: Piper is going to jail for a little a year for a little drug-carrying incident that her girlfriend convinced her to do. Flash-forward a few years, and she is engaged to a NJB and ready for incarceration. In jail, she meets all sorts of characters and finds herself face-to-face with her ex-girlfriend. I don’t want to give any spoilers away, but this show is seriously an A+!!

Giphy.com

2. Psych: Imagine a guy with a photographic memory pretending to be a psychic just so he can work with the police department. This is the premise of Psych, a comedy that is really funny and super easy to binge watch. You can work out to it, cook to it, or even get ready for Thanksgiving dinner with it. Watch it. Asap.

Giphy.com

3. Pretty Wild: Did you watch the movie The Bling Ring? Well, Emma Watson’s character Nikki is based off Alexis Neiers, one of the stars of this reality show. Even though it didn’t make it to a full season before it was canceled, Pretty Wild gives new meaning to life. My favorite part of the show is when they claim that hundreds of paparazzi swarmed Alexis when they bailed her out of jail, but there were less than five, and they were probably part of the show’s crew. One of the sisters even dates Ryan Cabrera for an episode or two! It even includes the infamous phone call to Nancy Jo. Don’t miss out on this masterpiece. 

Giphy.com

4. The Office: The answer: because you haven’t seen The Office yet. Now this show is a classic. Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, and John Krasinski star in the remake of the British classic. Seriously, this show is gold. There are office pranks, car accidents, Christmas parties, and so much more. Join Michael, a.k.a. Best Boss, and gang and binge-watch your favorite co-workers. 

Giphy.com

5. Freaks and Geeks: Before you arrive back on Wash U’s campus, be sure to check out Judd Apatow’s greatest creation: Freaks and Geeks. The Apatow Crew is all here in this show: Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Jason Segel. It’s a quick watch with only one season, but this show is revolutionary. Set in the 80’s, the show features two different groups (hence Freaks AND Geeks) interacting with each other in the halls of ~high school~ and the shenanigans they find themselves in are pure gold. You can watch the pilot, but first here is a little preview!

Giphy.com

Article cover photo via media.syracuse.com

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.