This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

1. Arrested Development

Although it may not be as popular as The Office or Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development is a personal favorite show of mine. The characters are all hilarious, and, from the first season, you begin to develop connections to each of them in some way. The show follows a family in turmoil as their real estate business is collapsing after the head of the company committed a white-collar crime. I cannot get through a single episode without laughing at least once, and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed if you decide to give this early 2000s show a chance.

2. Hell’s Kitchen

For those of you who enjoy a good, old-fashioned cooking show, Hell’s Kitchen takes it one step further with the addition of a host who is famous for his harsh critiques. In the show that skyrocketed Gordon Ramsay to stardom, young chefs compete for a chance to become head chef at a renowned restaurant in a famous city. Rest assured that, with Chef Ramsay hosting, you will not be bored for a single minute! This show is great for people who love competition, cooking, and British insults.

3. RuPaul’s Drag Race

RuPaul’s Drag Race is like America’s Next Top Model, but funnier, crazier, more dramatic, and more quotable! As professional drag queens all sew, act, sing, and dance their way to becoming the next Drag Race Superstar, an overwhelming amount of chaos and drama ensues. It has every element of a good reality TV competition show: catty contestants, entertaining challenges, amazing guest judges, and lots of drama and laughs. This is a great show to watch with friends!

4. American Horror Story

Looking for a good, creepy show to leave you with that eerie feeling? Look no further than American Horror Story, the show that has won multiple Emmys for its amazing cast, crew, and writers. Each season of AHS has a completely different storyline, so it is easy to skip around to find a story that you really like. The seasons also range in scariness, so don’t be discouraged by the fact that it is a supernatural show! I know many people who don’t really like horror movies, but they love AHS. My favorite seasons are Hotel, Freak Show, and Murder House!

5. The Umbrella Academy

Do you like Marvel movies? If yes, I recommend that you give The Umbrella Academy a watch. The show combines all of the best elements of Marvel into episodes that are easy to watch and hard to step away from. Based on the comic books, The Umbrella Academy follows a family of gifted individuals, each possessing unique power given to them at birth. The show has comedy, romance, drama, and (of course) lots of action. It’s a great show to watch with family!

Lover of cinema, sweatpants, entomology, Gordon Ramsay, and calculus :) Guilty pleasure = cringy teenage rom-coms
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.