5 Reasons The Bachelor Makes for Great TV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

We all have those friends. You know, the ones who turn their noses up at reality TV and declare they never want to hear the Kardashians come up in conversation again. This is not for that friend.

This is for the friend who tells you they can’t go to dinner on Monday nights because they need to be on their couch by 8 and can’t risk being a few minutes late. This is for the friend with the bracket filled out that has nothing to do with fantasy football. This is for the friend who is emotionally invested in the bachelor for these five reasons.

1. Ben Higgins

This charming sweetheart will have any viewer hooked.

2. Olivia’s mouth

In addition to opening unnaturally wide, “her mouth smells like sh-t.”

– Emily Ferguson (contestant)

3. Monday nights

Start the each week off strong with a two hour episode plus an extra hour of the Bachelor Live, in which contestants and Ben himself discuss the week’s events.

4. Extravagant dates

From bungee jumping to private concerts, The Bachelor takes contestants around the world and gives them experiences of a lifetime.

5. Feel grateful for your own life

After each dramatic episode, you can’t help but feel glad that the person you date isn’t dating twenty other women… hopefully.

Maddy is a freshman at Washington University in St. Louis. She is from San Francisco, and enjoys playing volleyball, music, concerts, books, food, her dog, and jamming on her guitar.
Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.