Predicting 2023 Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Warwick chapter.

I must admit that I have no knowledge of the fashion world besides what K-pop idols wear and what comes up on my Pinterest/Tiktok. But here are a few of my fashion predictions for 2023 based off nothing but just vibes and also what I wish I had the confidence to wear around campus but don’t. But perhaps I will because I’m an advocate for the whole “new year new me” thing.

Asymmetrical midi/maxi skirt

I’m obsessed with the how much depth is given to the skirt and the silhouette when it is made asymmetrical. I also think skirts with different textures, such as adding tulle or lace on a bottom layer which can peek out from under the cut of the skirt could be really cute as-well. I would pair these longer skirt pieces with either a really tight acubi style top or a really baggy jumper paired with doc martins or cute boots.

Translucent/clear goggles

I saw my favourite k-pop group Stray Kids wear these goggles with little stickers on the edge of the lens and thought that they would look so cute as an accessory! Perhaps even just wearing them as a head accessory rather than on your face. You could customise it and find different colours of translucent goggles to fit with various outfits. I think this will become mainstream at some point next year! Even if it won’t, I’ll be decorating my own goggles and wearing them around!

Circular tote bags

It’s happening. If you have an extensive collection of tote bags, I predict this one to be the next big trend. These will be key for the soft girl aesthetic version 2.0 of 2023. I think they would look super cute matched with converse shoes that are the same colour. I can already imagine round tote bags to be the next big thing on the H&M website in the upcoming year.

Necktie Scarfs

For some reason I feel as though variations of necktie scarfs will begin to be more mainstream. Especially during late spring or early summer. I also think there will be a brand out there that can make necktie scarfs more gen z friendly and creative. Like perhaps adding some kind of lace or charms to each end to fit the maximalist styles.

Those are all my predictions! This was just for fun and a more light-hearted article. I’m not confident that any of them will actually become trends but I thought it would be interesting to in the future to see how fashion trends in 2023 will be like in comparison to my predictions.

Thank you for reading!

I'm Hina. I'm an English Literature and Creative Writing student at Warwick. My favourite genre to read is Gothic! I'm a lover of music, K-pop, gaming and cooking! If you've taken the time to read my articles you are greatly appreciated <3