This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Anyone who has TikTok heard about the new Romantic Comedy film Anyone But You featuring Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney. The movie took the internet by storm over Winter break thanks to the leading stars’ undeniable chemistry and the revival of the song “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield. Teenagers are comparing this work to the infamous How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, but personally, I think no rom-com will ever come close due to Kate Hudson’s iconic yellow dress. I predict that due to the film’s astonishing success, cinema will soon return to the era of love and inconceivably attractive celebrities just like the 90s intended. Perhaps Tik Tok is raving over Anyone But You because deep down we all crave the passionate and adventurous love depicted in the plot. Or maybe what we really desire is to be on a warm beach in Australia along with the characters since the producers chose to release this film to the U.S. in December. Regardless of the true motivation behind our fascination with this work, we cannot argue with the fact that the movie grossed $126 million dollars at the box office on only a $25 million dollar budget. I have a feeling that Glen and Sydney have a long future of romantic comedies ahead of them in their careers, and if we’re lucky, maybe they’ll even give us a sequel to this story. Frequent TikTok users simply couldn’t resist seeing what all of the hype was about and why so many creators were posting lip-sync videos to “Unwritten” while running through the halls of their local movie theater. Although, I’m almost positive that everyone who did choose to see this film because of the internet trend associated with it did not leave the cinema disappointed.

Carrigan Pitts

Wake Forest '26

Hi! I’m a sophomore at Wake Forest University, and I’m from Ringgold, Georgia. I plan on majoring in Psychology and minoring in Spanish. My hobbies include hanging out with friends, playing volleyball, and volunteering at places like Campus Kitchen and Forsyth Humane Society. I’m really excited to be joining HerCampus and writing articles for women in my community! I’ve always loved reading the pieces on this website written by fellow students, and I hope that my work will inspire others too!