This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

It’s the last few weeks of the school year and even with finals, papers, and heavy loads of homework, all you can think about is the long summer days where you can throw on some sunglasses, sit by the pool in the warm sun, and veg out. But of course, you have to pack the perfect beach bag with all the essentials. Here is a list of all the goodies to put in your bag for those long, hot summer days of pure bliss. 

1. The Perfect Beach Bag

If you’re going to put together the perfect beach bag, you’re going to need the perfect bag. Preferably with a zipper to keep your things in and the sand out, this bag should be big enough to hold everything you need but not so big where it’s a pain to lug around the beach. 

2. Sunscreen 

A sunburn is not a good look for the perfect summer day. Make sure that you are protecting yourself from those rays, no matter how nice they might feel. I like to get a sunscreen that smells yummy so it both protects you and makes you smell good. 

3. SPF Chapstick

You can’t forget to protect your lips too! An SPF chapstick will not only feel smooth and refreshing on your chapped lips in the sun, but it will save you from a nasty burn later.  

4. Headphones 

What’s better than listening to your newest playlist of all the songs of the summer? Tossing in a pair of headphones is the perfect idea for a long day by the water. Put together an upbeat, fun playlist and soak up the sun.  

5. Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker

If you’re going to the beach or the pool with a bunch of friends, you’re going to want to listen to music with all of them too. Make sure your speaker is waterproof so you don’t have to worry about it getting splashed. Connect someone’s phone and jam out. 

6. Portable Phone Charger

After all the music playing, poolside photo shoots, and texting your friends to come and join you by the water, your phone will inevitably be running out of battery. Pack a portable phone charger so you can make sure you can recharge during the day. 

7. Sunglasses

Throwing on a cute pair of shades will not only help you to avoid squinting in the hot summer sun but will also make you look super cute. Just make sure you pack a pair that you don’t care about too much in case they get splashed on or get buried in the sand. 

8. Insulated Water Bottle with Infused Water 

After sitting in the warm sun for a while, you’re going to want something refreshing. The perfect drink to bring in an insulated water bottle is some ice water with a slice of lemon or a handful of strawberries. Delicious and hydrating! 

Emma Nelson

Wake Forest '22

My name is Emma and I am a sophomore at Wake Forest University from Northern California. I enjoy exercising, dancing, writing, and making playlists on Spotify. :)
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.