Rent the Runway Comes to the Forest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

It’s pretty much a given that if you’re involved with HC Wake Forest, you’re a pretty cool chick. But Kelsey Willock, our very own blog editor? She’s an ItGirl!

A Rent the Runway (RTR) intern, Kelsey hosted a trunk show complete with a gorgeous display of designer dresses for RentTheRunway.com in the Poteat lounge on Sunday, Feb. 3rd.

Kelsey was promoting the website’s ItGirl program.  Basically, for $75 per month, girls can have access to a selection of jewelry and up to 30 dresses sent to Kelsey by RTR.

For anyone unfamiliar with it, Rent the Runway (RTR) is a website that allows girls to rent dresses, shoes, and accessories for either four or eight days for formal occasions.  They have hundreds of designer dresses that are all up to 90 percent off when you rent! In other words, it’s basically Netflix for dresses.

When ordering on normal occasions, directly from the website, you simply indicate when you need the dress and it is delivered to your mailbox. They include a package already addressed back to the company, so when you are finished using the dress, you simply put it in the package and give it to the Wake post office. A back-up size is even included for free, in case your selected size doesn’t fit correctly.

[pagebreak]

Now, the ItGirl program makes renting dresses even more convenient. Just tell Kelsey what dresses you would like to wear in advance, and she will deliver them right to your door! Not only that – she even takes care of dry cleaning and returning the dresses to RTR when you’re finished! Plus, she gets a new selection of dresses each month, so you always have access to the latest styles.

“The ItGirl program not only offers an affordable way for girls to feel like a celebrity for a night, but it also allows them to be able to be a celebrity for an entire month!” said Kelsey. “It’s so easy and an awesome way to make sure you are wearing something no one else will have.”

RTR is a great resource for occasions such as formals, date functions, Carolina Cup, etc., especially when you’ve worn everything in your closet. Plus, new dresses, shoes and accessories are constantly being added to the website.

People can also buy subscriptions as gifts, making the program even more appealing.

[pagebreak]

“Boyfriends can buy subscriptions for their girlfriends for birthdays, Valentine’s Day gifts, or even just to help their lady look like a million bucks,” Kelsey added.

You can get involved with RTR at Wake, as it is always looking for college campus representatives with positions such as Marketing Representatives, Events Coordinators, Social Media Representatives, and Greek Liaisons.

Kelsey and the RTR team at Wake will be hosting other trunk shows during March and April, so be on the lookout for announcements!

Interested in signing up for the ItGirl program? To receive instructions, just email Kelsey at willka11@wfu.edu.

*Article by Corey Bloes

A Communications major and Journalism minor from New Jersey, Ellie has been writing for HerCampus for almost 3 years now. Known for her sassy personality and sunny outlook on life, Ellie prides herself on her confidence and composure- especially when it comes to how she writes! Ellie is the oldest of four girls, and in her free time loves a good book, the beach, and coffee of any variety. An active writer and blogger, Ellie is so pleased to have taken over the role of Editorial Campus Correspondent for HC-WakeForest, and looks forward to another year of lots of HCLove.