Reed McLaughlin (’14)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Meet the first freshman Campus Cutie of the year, Reed McLaughlin. Reed followed in his sister’s footsteps in coming to Wake Forest, but has established himself as his own by joining the men’s club volleyball team, learning Italian, dominating intramural basketball, as well as making friends all over campus and still having time to balance academics and going out.

Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana… the gem of the Midwest and the proud host of the best Nascar race of the year.
Major: Well, I am only a freshman so I still have a little while to figure that out.
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? I would be a pug, for sure.
Dream girl: A mix between Scarlett Johansson and Beyoncé
Best Way to Spend a Saturday: Take my dogs for a walk, Chipotle burrito with Qudoba chips and queso for lunch, take my dogs for another walk, watch any movie with Will Smith in it, then “Bernie” the night away
Biggest Fear: I can’t stand bugs
Words to live by: “Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.” -2 Corinthians 12:10
Music you’re listening to right now? “The General” by Dispatch

Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.