One Last Hoorah: Homecoming Weekend 2010

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

It’s that time of year again….Homecoming! It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of the return of old friends and familiar faces.  For upperclassmen, it is a time to feel young again, to look up to your peers instead of down to them.  All over campus there were themed parties and get-togethers perfect for reminiscing about the “good old days” and “times gone by.”  Saturday’s football game against Navy provided the perfect setting for catching up with old friends.  Conversations often dealt with future plans and job opportunities, a favorite topic for no one, but that doesn’t mean that fun wasn’t had.  I know as a senior I cannot imagine myself as an alumni just yet!  Check out some pictures from this weekend by Sam Hess and Liz Keating.

Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.