Nate Nichols (’14)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Nate Nichols

Year: Junior

Hometown: Seattle, WA

Major/Minor: Economics/Psychology

Campus Involvement: Sigma Chi

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC):  How do you like to spend your free time at Wake?

Nate Nichols (NN):  Well that [free time] is pretty minimal for me. I’m taking 17 hours for the third time but I’m a big fan of playing sports, basketball especially. Free time when I’m at home is definitely spent at concerts – they are my main hobby.  I’m not a big reader; music and sports are my two things.

HC:  What’s your favorite concert that you’ve been to?

NN:  Girl Talk my senior year of high school was really great and Passion Pit was really good too.  Electronic concerts are pretty awesome, I saw Avicii in Vancouver a while ago.  Dead Mouse was great in Seattle.  I’m not a raver by any means so don’t get that impression.

HC:  Wow, so many great concerts, who is your favorite band?

NN: RAC (Remix Artist Collective), we’re trying to bring him in for Derby Days.  He does a lot of remixes of indie songs which works for me for studying.

HC:  Song of the day for today is…

NN:  Right now probably “Money Trees” by Kendrick Lamar, but I can listen to everything except country.  Country just doesn’t work for me.

HC:  What is one thing that you can’t live without?

NN:  Peanut butter. I used to hate it growing up, but my first semester of college I started eating it all the time.  We have about five jars in my house right now, and that’s the only thing in the Pit you can actually depend on for being consistent.

HC:  Why do you like Wake?

NN:  Well I transferred here from Santa Clara University half way through my freshman year.  I like the fact that there’s a lot of people here I never would have met had I stayed on the west coast.  I like being the odd one out from the west, it makes me stand out.

[pagebreak]

HC:  How did you spend your fall semester?

NN:  I went to London this past fall and loved it.  Oktoberfest was awesome; one of my favorite things but I guess my best experience of value was going to the Cliffs of Moher.

HC:  And for spring you…

NN:  I went to a friend’s house in Tampa, Florida and slept on a couch pretty much every night.  I saw my grandma for one night; it made me feel great to hear her tell me about her dating life.  Especially since she’s been going on dates and I’m currently single, that was a lecture I could have lived without.  But Tampa wasn’t too crazy since I’m broke from going to London.  Florida was definitely better than Seattle weather-wise though.

HC:  Traveling sounds like your thing, have you been all over the world?

NN:  Going to London was actually the first time I’ve been anywhere outside the country except for Canada, but I’ve been all across the United States because I have family everywhere.

HC:  So would your dream job have something to do with traveling?

NN:  After going abroad I realized that the best job ever would be to represent really nice luxury hotels and just travel to them all across the world; but I know nothing about the hospitality industry so I’m not really sure how I could get that job.  Really, I would like any job you can travel around with and see the world especially while I’m in my 20’s and 30’s.  I can’t see myself staying in one city for a long time right after I graduate.

HC:  Tell me about the best first date if you could do anything. I’m going to make a bet here… traveling would be involved.

NN:  Fly to Hawaii and go surfing.  I was there a little bit ago and it was the most fun place ever and I learned how to surf.

HC:  Who is your celebrity crush?

NN:  Emmanuelle Chriqui from Entourage (her character is Sloan).

HC:  Tell me about your dream girl.

NN:  Not taller than me, this is always a big factor because I’m like 5’8”.  Personality wise, she can’t be needy but is really outgoing. She needs to be able to laugh at herself and take jokes and likes to do adventurous stuff and, obviously, travel.

[pagebreak]

HC:  Where is the best place to meet girls at Wake?

NN:  I guess Starbucks when it’s one of those crazy long lines that wrap up the stairs, or even the ZSR in general.

HC:  What’s the first thing you notice in a girl?

NN:  Eyes, definitely. Probably blue eyes I notice first because they are so striking.

HC:  Give me your best pick-up line.

NN:  Don’t use them.

HC:  Do you believe in love at first site?

NN:  Yeah, I think it’s possible.

HC:  Biggest turn off…

NN:  A girl expecting me to initiate everything.

HC:  What are you most afraid of?

NN:  Heights.  Absolutely heights, I’ve been skydiving before and I thought that would break my fear, but it still hasn’t worked.

HC:  What’s the key to your heart?

NN:  Peanut butter, being able to pass the test with my three sisters, and being honest.

A Communications major and Journalism minor from New Jersey, Ellie has been writing for HerCampus for almost 3 years now. Known for her sassy personality and sunny outlook on life, Ellie prides herself on her confidence and composure- especially when it comes to how she writes! Ellie is the oldest of four girls, and in her free time loves a good book, the beach, and coffee of any variety. An active writer and blogger, Ellie is so pleased to have taken over the role of Editorial Campus Correspondent for HC-WakeForest, and looks forward to another year of lots of HCLove.