The Most Wonderfully Cutesy, Sappy Valentine’s Day Movies Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Ready or not, Valentine’s Day is here. You know, that infamous holiday where people in blissful relationships eagerly await huge rose bouquets and swanky nights out to dinner while the single ladies have only a gloomy night alone with Netflix to look forward to? Yup, here it is. But have no fear collegiettes! Whether you plan to cuddle up with your beau or your best friend on V-Day, we have the perfect romantic movies for you!

The Notebook

In this classic romantic tear-jerker, a husband recounts to his wife with Alzheimer’s the whole story of how they met and fell in love. The movie is full of magical moments and is deeply emotional when Allie has to choose between her fiancée and first love. Your guy is a winner if he’s down to watch this flick.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

This movie is full of hilarious moments and unexpected romance that will keep you laughing ‘til the end. Single girls, rejoice! There is hope!
 [pagebreak]

No Strings Attached

You don’t need to be in an “it’s complicated” situation to appreciate this movie, where a couple tries just to keep it physical but, of course, ends up wanting more. This flick reminds us that the best relationships oftentimes stem from friendships.

Valentine’s Day

The stereotypical V-Day rom-com with a star-filled cast is about falling in and out of love together while dealing with the pressures of the Hallmark holiday. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, this movie has something for you!

If you want to make it a date and go out to the movies for Valentine’s Day, look for The Vow and This Means War. The Vow is about a newlywed couple who, after the wife suffers from a brain injury, has to fall in love all over again. This Means War is about two CIA agents who duke it out once they realize they are in love with the same woman. Whether your Valentine’s Day is a date night with your boyfriend or best friend, cap it off with one of these flicks!

Jackie Swoyer is a rising senior at Wake Forest University majoring in Business and Enterprise Management, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Economics. While her collegiate years have been spent in the Carolinas, this aspiring marketer currently calls Cincinnati, Ohio home...although she has spent years moving all over the country and beyond (including a five year period in Europe!). She is currently prepping for a summer internship in the Frito Lay Marketing Division in Plano, Texas, a new stop on her geographical repertoire. An avid reader of all things Her Campus, Jackie also loves to write, listen to Pandora, practice her cooking skills, and find live music anywhere she can.