Style > Beauty

Looking for a New Fragrance? Here’s a Small List of My Current Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Over the past year, I have become much more involved with perfumes, mostly as a result of my friend’s influence. Whether it’s seeing recommendations on social media, trying on perfumes at the mall, or smelling something nice as someone walks by, fragrances are so much fun. If you’re looking for a new scent, here is a small list of my current favorites.

1. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet

This has been my go-to for the past couple of weeks. The scent is made with bergamot essence (fruit peels), Damascus rose, peony, and white musk. While it is on the sweeter side, it’s not too much. I strongly recommend it.

2. Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

I purchased Light Blue at TJ Maxx for $40 and had no idea what it smelled like when I bought it. Thankfully, I really ended up enjoying it. With olfactory notes of Virginian cedarwood, Sicilian lemon, and Granny Smith Apple, this scent is so light and clean. It smells like you just got out of the shower – I love it. 

3. Baccarat Rouge 540

This perfume smells heavenly. The scent has notes of jasmine, saffron, cedarwood, and ambergris. It’s incredibly long-lasting and very flattering. However, I do know that it’s ridiculously pricey ($325 minimum). If you aren’t willing to spend that much, but love the scent, there are a wide array of Baccarat dupes that supposedly smell the exact same.

4. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa 68

This fragrance is for both hair and body, and I really enjoy it. The olfactory notes are Brazilian jasmine and pink dragonfruit. It genuinely smells so good, however I have noticed that the scent doesn’t last for that long (probably around 20-30 minutes if I’m being honest). If you don’t mind reapplying, I would definitely consider this. It can also be fun to mix it with other fragrances. 

Overall, perfume shopping includes a lot of trial and error. I hope this list inspired or helped you in your searching, and I wish you the best of luck!

Liza Hayes

Wake Forest '26

Hi, my name is Liza Hayes! I'm from Milton, Massachusetts and am currently a freshman at Wake. I'm interested in communications or politics and international affairs and maybe a double minor in entrepreneurship and creative writing. I love trying new restaurants, playing ice hockey, hanging out with friends, driving, listening to music, and spending time outside!